Sign in to follow this  
CageFighter

new Gun show @ Fernwood Resort in Poconos

I'm going tomorrow because it's about 20 minutes from my hunting club, and I'm going there after. Appalachian had a show there 2 years ago, it's not a big venue but a bit bigger than the Windgap show, and it's probably the closest gun show for us North Jersey guys. I don't expect to find much that isn't overpriced, but I might get lucky and find some older milsurp rifles or whatnot reasonable. We'll see.

I was just out there monday looking at a property with a friend....maybe take a ride out tomorrow and see what the show is like, jsut to get out for the day. Next Weekend is the Outdoor Show in Edison remember.

Good show- 5 minutes from my summer house in Winona Lakes- picked up a NJ compilent Mossberg Ar-22 -$275.00 out the door,and 2 ''more'' SS Ruger 10/22's @ $299.00 out the door,tax,nics included- dealer was best one there,good prices etc. Told me he brought 8 AR-15's price was approx $900.00,sold them to another dealer before they even set up- Other a^^holes had USED beat to sh*t Bushmaster target 20'' for $2,999.00!!!!!!!!! .223 ammo was going from $18.00 for a box of 20!!!! and $700.00 for a case of 1,000- 9mm was $18.00 for 50 rds!!!- 20-30 rnd AR mags were going for $35 TO $45, USED $25

This show was packed and anything AR & AK related was obscenely overpriced. Ammo prices were also obscene for the common calibers, with .223 and 9mm being the worst. Less common calibers, like .25 ACP, .32 ACP, .41 magnum, 44 magnum, 6.5 Swedish, 7.5 Swiss and all the other metric military rounds were at normal prices, or at most a $1 or $2 more a box. Milsurp C&R guns were also at normal prices.

This is all pure panic buying, with the dealers lapping it up. I did see a few people (non dealers) trying to sell ARs and mags at panic prices. One guy was trying to sell a Ruger mini 14 to a dealer and when the dealer asked him what he wanted for it he said "you know these are going for crazy money right now", the dealer responded "you need to put a price on it", the seller said "$1200", with that the dealer handed it back to him like it was on fire. They're not stupid, they know these prices aren't going to last.

Good to know, I haven't been to either yet. Something always gets in the way.

Harrisburg can have it's good moments, but it ain't what it used to be. It's also a hike and the $8 parking a mile away from the entrance also are big turnoffs. I usually only go to the March show if I go at all, the summer show is not worth the while.

Oaks is also a drive but has free parking and better vendors these days.

The last oaks show in December was good. It happened the weekend after Newtown. Prices were still normal. Wish i bought more ammo and an ar. Ahh hind site is always 20/20 isn't it?

I wish I had bought the SAR 2 I saw for sale, but NICS checks were taking a long time already that Sat, didn't want to wait that long.