alec.mc

Steel @ CJRPC 1/6/13

Didn't you just get off 8 previous vacations last month Harry ?

Nope, just 2 last month. lol Hey it's tough winding down this actual job in preperation for my retirement gig of "Making a Living, Living" gig and making more money taking vactions and traveling than working, but someone has to do it. :icon_cool:

Might bring my cx4 for rifle. Really looking forward to this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't know what caliber the cx 4 is but cj only allows rimfire for rifle classes open or iron but pistol is rimfire and center fire before you bring a center fire rifle and have nothing to shoot

Not at cj it isn't. No centre fire rifle in the pits and no center fire pistol caliber rifles either The classes are pistol rimfire iron or optics rifle rimfire iron or optics and pistol cenrerfire iron or optics.

9mm 40 cal and 45 cal are not center fire rifle. Now if they have a division thats a different story

Not at cj it isn't. No centre fire rifle in the pits and no center fire pistol caliber rifles either The classes are pistol rimfire iron or optics rifle rimfire iron or optics and pistol cenrerfire iron or optics.

I don't know if the match directors have any rifle restriction for Steel...they very well may, but Cowboy Action shoot pistol caliber rifles during their events. As well, the draw and fire "Special Use" badge allows members to shoot pistol caliber rifles in the pits provided the ammo is less than 1,000 FPS velocity.

My advice ....bring the rifle and ask a match director.

I don't know if the match directors have any rifle restriction for Steel...they very well may, but Cowboy Action shoot pistol caliber rifles during their events. As well, the draw and fire "Special Use" badge allows members to shoot pistol caliber rifles in the pits provided the ammo is less than 1,000 FPS velocity.

My advice ....bring the rifle and ask a match director.

Has to be lead ammo only too...

If you go through the previous months match results on the website, you'll notice that there is no Carbine centerfire division, This is most likely a club decision based prolonging the life of the steel, most places will limit FPS around 1200-1300 FPS, which could be possible with a pistol caliber carbine.

Also note, there is a minimum FPS of 750 - 800 FPS or so to ensure projectiles shatter upon impact and do not " bounce " back toward people. Bunny fart loads are fine if you are hand loading, but keep in mind the fps parameters.

If you ever get around to shooting @ Old bridge rifle and pistol, they do in fact allow pistol caliber carbines to be shot. There is one every 3rd sunday of the month.

9mm 40 cal and 45 cal are not center fire rifle. Now if they have a division thats a different story

NOt that I agree but you are not allowed to shoot pistol caliber center-fire carbines or rifles in the pits unless you are In a match that has them and they are lead bullets under 1000 ft per second or you have a draw and fire badge an same rules still apply please read the rules on shooting in the pits. So basically the only centerfire rifle in the pits is during cowboy action