bubblehead

Good experience at Range 14

Went with a friend to Range 14 at Fort Dix yesterday and had a great time. We got there about 10am and there was no wait. Shot for 2 hours with my 11 year old son and my buddy and his 14 and 11 year olds. For anybody who hasn't gone, there's pistol and rifle ranges. We shot at the rifle range. You can set your targets from 15-200 (250?) yards and also set targets (i.e. plastic bottles, cans, etc.) on the ground to shoot at. Membership is $60 and $5 per session to shoot. You can also bring up to 3 guests.

Went with a friend to Range 14 at Fort Dix yesterday and had a great time. We got there about 10am and there was no wait. Shot for 2 hours with my 11 year old son and my buddy and his 14 and 11 year olds. For anybody who hasn't gone, there's pistol and rifle ranges. We shot at the rifle range. You can set your targets from 15-200 (250?) yards and also set targets (i.e. plastic bottles, cans, etc.) on the ground to shoot at. Membership is $60 and $5 per session to shoot. You can also bring up to 3 guests.

Note that current/former military gets a 50% discount on their membership fee. And I think it's $4 per person per hour.

I have had nothing but good experiences there. To answer your question, the rifle range is 200 yards.

It's a pretty good range. I get tired of the damn loudspeaker repeating the rules over and over and over and over.

Plus, that new roof amplifies the sound a lot!

That can get annoying, but it's partly because some people don't listen the first time so it has to be repeated over and over.

I'm on the fence about the hot/safe range times.. I can't think of a better way to do it with an outdoor range but it gets frustrating when you can only shoot 30-45 min of the actual hour. Especially when one stand puts targets out at the full 200 yards and the rest of us are waiting for them to walk out/back. I will admit that the range-safe times can be a good opportunity to interact with fellow enthusiasts nearby w/out interrupting their shooting or having to wear ear protection.

I have yet to get out there but am very interested in trying and outdoor range. Will have to setup sometime. Can you walk on for a fee or do you have to be a member?

-Scott

Members only dude. I'm sure someone will be happy to share a table with you so you can get a feel for the place. I'd volunteer but I might not be down there for a few more weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If i go, ill be there sunday morning most likely. Keep an eye out for a guy in a Black Acura TSX, im going to try to find a sitter so my wife can come as well...

Sunday its suppose to be windy but as of now not bad weather wise. Let me know what time your planning on going. I might be able to meet up if you dont mind me tagging along.

-Scott