Sign in to follow this  
Montoya

Applying for Handgun purchase permit

I finally received my FID last year and am looking to get a purchase permit for a handgun. Since I have the FID will it be faster issuing me the permit or will it take another 6 months to a year? Also do I need to give references again and if so can I use the same people I used before (my friends)? Also I am currently unemployed at the moment but should be back to work soon does this have an effect on my permit?

I finally received my FID last year and am looking to get a purchase permit for a handgun. Since I have the FID will it be faster issuing me the permit or will it take another 6 months to a year? slightly faster Also do I need to give references again and if so can I use the same people I used before (my friends)? yes and yes Also I am currently unemployed at the moment but should be back to work soon does this have an effect on my permit? no

The process to the a handgun purchase permit is the same process as the FID. It wont go as faster if you already have a FID as far as I know; they have to re-run their mental and criminal checks and then there's the usual foot dragging in most places too.

They will also send out character reference forms again, but you can use the same people as before.

Being unemployed shouldn't matter. You can just write 'unemployed' if it asks for your employer. If you get a job after the paperwork is filed it shouldn't matter because you were being honest and truthful when you filled out the paperwork; they were just slow processing it.

You can use the same 2 references and your employement status shouldn't make a hills beans worth of difference. Unless your town has streamlined its process you can expect it to take 6 months or whatever. You don't need new fingerprints, but it's still going to take as long as it takes, you know.

I'm planning on applying for a few P2Ps soon. Is it possible to have them send the employment verification to my boss, instead of our HR department? The head of HR is antigun and gave me a bit of a hard time a couple yrs ago. My boss is a former LEO and definitely pro gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm planning on applying for a few P2Ps soon. Is it possible to have them send the employment verification to my boss, instead of our HR department? The head of HR is antigun and gave me a bit of a hard time a couple yrs ago. My boss is a former LEO and definitely pro gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just list you bosses phone and have the letter addressed to your company care of you boss. That's what I did and mine received the letter as it was addressed to him.