TK421

Gun Control and the Hallmarks of Tyranny — A Reappraisal

I get "Page Not Found"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The URL Encoding is a little strange on the link

http://www.haciendapub.com/articles/gun-control-and-hallmarks-tyranny-%E2%80%94-reappraisal

I tried to convert it but neither IE or chrome couldn't understand it; maybe you'll have better luck with your browser using the ASCII conversion below, just copy and paste it:

http://www.haciendapub.com/articles/gun-control-and-hallmarks-tyranny-—-reappraisal

Great article.

Being a history buff of sorts, I get it. My main problem with this information when speaking with the typical apathetic or anti -gun citizen is that they "do not get it". It seems American's have been brainwashed with the concept that "it can never happen here", and subsequently claim that I'm being paranoid. Couple that with the unhealthy full-trust in the government that the typical member of the "sheeple" class harbors doesn't help.

I'm as afraid of the complacency and apathy that our society has fallen into as I am around these absurd anti-2A laws passing. Next up , dependance and bondage.

The URL Encoding is a little strange on the link

http://www.haciendapub.com/articles/gun-control-and-hallmarks-tyranny-%E2%80%94-reappraisal

I tried to convert it but neither IE or chrome couldn't understand it; maybe you'll have better luck with your browser using the ASCII conversion below, just copy and paste it:

http://www.haciendapub.com/articles/gun-control-and-hallmarks-tyranny-—-reappraisal

Works on Ice Dragon (Firefox)

Great article.

Being a history buff of sorts, I get it. My main problem with this information when speaking with the typical apathetic or anti -gun citizen is that they "do not get it". It seems American's have been brainwashed with the concept that "it can never happen here", and subsequently claim that I'm being paranoid. Couple that with the unhealthy full-trust in the government that the typical member of the "sheeple" class harbors doesn't help.

I'm as afraid of the complacency and apathy that our society has fallen into as I am around these absurd anti-2A laws passing. Next up , dependance and bondage.

The censorship laws on reading material hasn't gotten any better. You'd think liberals who want all sorts of crap uncensored and stuff would be allies with 2Aers.

Great article.

I think that's one of the things that's always shocked me, even in people that have a very good knowledge of history, the belief that somehow we're immune to the forces of corruption and tyranny. I used to get into a lot of arguments with people in the early 00s about the patriot act, spying on citizens and the whole push for national IDs and tracking databases, where people were always saying how I'm paranoid and if I have nothing to hide why am I worried etc. I guess since my family was heavily persecuted behind the Iron Curtain (both my grandfathers were imprisoned for speaking out against Communism and USSR in the early days) I grew up with a huge distrust of big government. People in the US have been so sheltered for so long they can't even comprehend what has happened and is happening in other countries.