G-Man

Need Help for First 9 mm

what kind of CZ75B did you get? (caliber and finish).. just curious as they seem darn near impossible to find.. (although, maybe the blued and .40 are not as hard to find as the SS in 9mm?)

really interested in one, but a) still waiting for P2P's to come in and b) want one of the SS's (preferably matte) and those seem literally impossible to find..

Funny story. My GF and I walked into RTS to go shooting yesterday. She has 2 P2P coming this week and we were looking for a gun for her. We rented a 229, which she loves.

Anyway, while waiting for the port, we were cabinet shopping when I saw the CZ. Stainless 9mm.

Is that new? Yep.

How much? $625.

I'll take it!

Look over at GF and laser death beams are shooting out of her eyes.

What?

We are here to buy a gun for me.

Oh. Right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Go into a range that you can rent pistols. Given your money situation, put a few mags through as many pistols as you can, and that includes polymer frame, steel frame, striker fired, hammer fired, tiny, big, etc etc. Sounds like you don't know where to start and renting can be your start. Concetrate on the feel of them, recoil, sights, overall, etc.

If you're going to carry it, you don't always need a compact. That's a myth that is spread all through the shooting enthusiasts. Sure, you may have to dress to carry a full size 1911, or get a nicer/stronger belt, but anything is possible.

My issue with the 92FS is it is a big gun with only a 15round capacity. Not really an issue in NJ given the 15 round limit but the Glock 19 has the same capacity in a smaller/lighter package. The 92FS is an old design, dating back to the 70s. I'm not a fan of the exposed external trigger-bar and the locking block design leaves a lot to be desired, I have seen a number of them fail after 5k-7k rounds. Also seen a number of trigger-bar springs fail. I have never seen Glocks have these same types of consistent failures. That said I have an M9 and a stainless 92FS and they are great guns other than the issues I have observed above.