Howard

Glock 17 vs Glock 19 - which should I get?

Glock 23 with Lone Wolf Aftermarket 9MM conversion barrel ($110) (storm lake is another vendor) and mags ($25) are the way to go. Add AA 22LR (+/- $300) when you can. You could also get a 357Sig Conversion barrel and mags and go in any one of four calibers. A Glock 22 with the same options is just a viable. The aftermarket barrel will let you shoot 9mm lead. Something to think about as prices keep climbing. Reloading as the next step?

Next Glock for me will be Glock 35 Gen 4. Have a G21G4 with AA conversion that I love. Almost makes me pass on using the MKII and the 1911 45.

Glock 23 with Lone Wolf Aftermarket 9MM conversion barrel and mags are the way to go. Add AA 22LR when you can. You could also get a 357Sig Conversion barrel and mags and go in any one of four calibers. A Glock 22 with the same options is just a viable. The aftermarket barrel will let you shoot 9mm lead. Something to think about as prices keep climbing. Reloading as the next step?

Next Glock for me will be Glock 35 Gen 4. Have a G21G4 with AA conversion that I love. Almost makes me pass on using the MKII and the 1911 45.

Interesting you mention that, as I had asked the guy his thoughts on the conversion barrels. At first he said it was a bad idea. When I brought up that I only wanted that for the range, not to use it for self defense he became open to it. His reluctance was that he said you are more likely to get jams and bad ejections with the conversion. Is that true, or perhaps is he looking to just sell more guns????

Sorry but over the years speaking to gun store clerks has left a bad taste in my mouth. I rarely get an informed answer that makes me better. These types of forums have real user opinions. In the past it would take me months of going to matches and shows speaking with the people who use the products for me to see if it was worth it. Over time you will get to know the people whose opinion you trust. With that said, (sorry for the rant): The AA conversion includs a complete upper to go on the frame. It is a very stable platform and works very well. You will like it when you get it. I enjoy it on the G21G4. Second, conversion barrels work. Lone Wolf's conversion barrel has two features on it that make it reliable. The case wall of the barrel is thicker to make up for the different in bullet diameter. If you were to look at the top of the frames for the g19 and the g23 the primary difference you would see is the ejector is crooked on the 9mm, straight on the 40. Looking at the chamber of the Lone Wolf barrel you will see it is slightly off center to the left to better align the ejector with the case ensuring reliable case ejection. I know several people that have them and no one is complaining. They love the ability to shoot cheaper 9mm on the same platform. Most have tricked out the frame with a different trigger, sights, etc. and the conversion barrel allows them to practice or plink with cheaper ammo. I have been at the range with them, switching between 22, 9, and 40 without any problems. Good Luck on whatever you choose.

Sorry but over the years speaking to gun store clerks has left a bad taste in my mouth. I rarely get an informed answer that makes me better. These types of forums have real user opinions. In the past it would take me months of going to matches and shows speaking with the people who use the products for me to see if it was worth it. Over time you will get to know the people whose opinion you trust. With that said, (sorry for the rant): The AA conversion includs a complete upper to go on the frame. It is a very stable platform and works very well. You will like it when you get it. I enjoy it on the G21G4. Second, conversion barrels work. Lone Wolf's conversion barrel has two features on it that make it reliable. The case wall of the barrel is thicker to make up for the different in bullet diameter. If you were to look at the top of the frames for the g19 and the g23 the primary difference you would see is the ejector is crooked on the 9mm, straight on the 40. Looking at the chamber of the Lone Wolf barrel you will see it is slightly off center to the left to better align the ejector with the case ensuring reliable case ejection. I know several people that have them and no one is complaining. They love the ability to shoot cheaper 9mm on the same platform. Most have tricked out the frame with a different trigger, sights, etc. and the conversion barrel allows them to practice or plink with cheaper ammo. I have been at the range with them, switching between 22, 9, and 40 without any problems. Good Luck on whatever you choose.
I have a 23 with the lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. The only issue I have had is sometimes the case will eject back in my direction. Definitely not a deal breaker in my eyes

sent from my Samsung Note 2

I have a 23 with the lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. The only issue I have had is sometimes the case will eject back in my direction. Definitely not a deal breaker in my eyes

I don't see the case ejecting back as a game stopper. In fact, based on my first go with the G17 I thought that was normal as in shooting 50 rounds the casing came back and hit me in the glasses or in the forehead at least a dozen times. That did not happen a single time with the G22 that I used today.

Well what happened?

I spend some time with the owner of the range and decided to go with the G22. I'm going to get a 9mm conversion for it to, although from what I can see online it seems to be a lot easier to find .40 cal ammo these days than 9mm.