JT Custom Guns

Anyone own a Kriss Vector

I personally don't think it is any more a novelty item than an AR.

Yes it is different, yes it looks strange (cool in my opinion) but it

feeds ammo better than an AR (due to the use of the Glock mag system

and feed ramp) and in close quarter situation, it will shoot as accurate

(if not better than an AR). I know, I shoot both.

As for dirty - it's your ammo!

Lol

Here's mine...........................

First, please define "feeds better" and why the "Glock mag system and feed ramp" is superior to an AR built to the TDP?

Second, define "Close quarter situation" and demonstrate how the Kriss will "shoot as accurate (if not better that an AR)"?

Even if this gun was more reliable and accurate (which I don't believe for a second) than a Quality AR, it is still firing a handgun cartridge that is inferior in every way to the terminal ballistics of a 5.56 round.

It is absolutely the definition of a niche/novelty weapon and an answer that is looking for a question.

Please explain to me how is the AR platform/M16 Family of Weapons a novelty? It is the longest serving combat rifle in the history of the US. The M16FOW has put more people underground than the NY Subway system. How is that a novelty?

Finally, Is your optic on backwards in that photo?

The amount of unsubstantiated opinion in this post is staggering...

I agree 100%

Glock feed system (mag to ramp) is arguably on of the best in the business.

Close quarter - in side 20 yards, in a room, small building, ect.

No - The optic in not on backwards.

Look - if you don't like a Kriss, I get it. And forgive me if I say something that might

offend the almighty AR, but I think the Kriss is a good weapon for what it was designed

designed for. Yes it has an issues with ejecting live rounds, but owner generally know how

to overcome that, so % wise I don't think is as big a deal as some make it out to be.

I love the AR, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to say the feed system is VERY reliable on the Kriss

and it does shoot very well in close quarters (hand gun ammo, shorter distances) - o.k.

I started this thread to get opinions from Kriss owners; their expierences

and feedback and it has turned into a Kriss vs AR debate.

Please - I would just like to hear what Kriss owner have to say about their

guns, I'm not here to sell anything and I really did not intend to compare

to the AR.

AR is great - o.k.?

+1

About the failure to eject an FtF round, when this controversy started on here I dig out my happy little pachmyr snap caps, lost all bit 3 of them. So I loaded them up and cycled the action. No problem. Did it again, No problem. Maybe the weight of the snap caps is different. Mine was made in nov 12.

I read through the other forum. Didn't have any of the issues other than my sling attachment point was on backwards and the screw was torqued so tight that I had to use locking pliers to get it out.

Otherwise a great weapon for what it is intended. Shoulders well, at least for me. And those that I let operate it enjoyed it as well. But the price...all cool/good things cost money.

However, sometimes I use a screwdriver as a punch. If I don't have a punch...not as good as a punch but gets me out of a jam at that moment because I wasn't expecting the task to require a punch. I then go back to using the screwdriver for screwing.

One question, some have the perforated shroud. I do not, I like the solid. But do those of you that have them find that stuff gets in the shroud frequently? In tough use? I understand the ventilation thing, but any other pro that trumps the con of crud factor?

JT, Im not here to give you or anyone a hard time. You asked questions of kriss owners and since I owned one I felt qualified to comment. But it should be noted I am a slave to facts and truths. I dont accept information without suporting evidence. I am sure that a pattern has emerged here from people like, Tactical Monkey, High Exposure, and myself. I believe we all hold the same view because we all pursue the same "tactical truths" on equipment. And crtitcal, logical thinking is the order of the day in that pursuit. With that in mind I present the following questions and statements.

How easy is it to clear a round from the chamber of a Kriss? Is it field expedient or not? (something i want to be engaged in while defending my life, my personal experience with the kriss was it is not)

How is the civy kriss better for CQB? Largely CQB utility is corelated to some degree by size. The civy NJ legal Kriss is HUGE!

compare.jpg

This is why I and I believe others think the civilian kriss is a novelty.I also believe the PS90 is too. But not because of the function of the weapon but because the truly effective ammo in that caliber is restricted.

Keep in mind that I have said it before many times, a good reason DOES NOT need to exist to like or buy a particuler firearm, only that you like it and it meets whatever needs you are looking to fill. But from a practical position of "combat worthy" which is the criteria some of us benchmark, some firearms that are liked, do not fit this role. The live round ejection thing IS the deal breaker. Like I said before if this was solved and I lived in a free state that I could make full use of the systems other features, then we would have a ball game.

JT, Im not here to give you or anyone a hard time. You asked questions of kriss owners and since I owned one I felt qualified to comment. But it should be noted I am a slave to facts and truths. I dont accept information without suporting evidence. I am sure that a pattern has emerged here from people like, Tactical Monkey, High Exposure, and myself. I believe we all hold the same view because we all pursue the same "tactical truths" on equipment. And crtitcal, logical thinking is the order of the day in that pursuit. With that in mind I present the following questions and statements.

How easy is it to clear a round from the chamber of a Kriss? Is it field expedient or not? (something i want to be engaged in while defending my life, my personal experience with the kriss was it is not)

How is the civy kriss better for CQB? Largely CQB utility is corelated to some degree by size. The civy NJ legal Kriss is HUGE!

compare.jpg

This is why I and I believe others think the civilian kriss is a novelty.I also believe the PS90 is too. But not because of the function of the weapon but because the truly effective ammo in that caliber is restricted.

Keep in mind that I have said it before many times, a good reason DOES NOT need to exist to like or buy a particuler firearm, only that you like it and it meets whatever needs you are looking to fill. But from a practical position of "combat worthy" which is the criteria some of us benchmark, some firearms that are liked, do not fit this role. The live round ejection thing IS the deal breaker. Like I said before if this was solved and I lived in a free state that I could make full use of the systems other features, then we would have a ball game.

I agree with this 100%.

The only things will add is this:

At the end of the day the Kriss is just a big pistol, and by all accounts one with some serious teething issues. (Yes, the recoil system is fairly revolutionary, but it still has some bugs)

If I am going to carry a weapon as big as a rifle into harms way, I am going to carry it in a rifle caliber. I already have a pistol on my hip, why carry a bigger one?

While they are tons of fun to shoot, Subguns in general are a niche item. They perform a few necessary functions in a CQB environment, most of which will never fly in a CONUS theater of operations (and I wont get into specific TTPs on an open forum), but are limited in their effectiveness in every other combat role.

JT, I know you we're asking a out the Kriss, but you brought ARs into this when comparing them using subjective and unsubstantiated facts.