mattio41

Converting to be New Jersey Legal

I am located in Monmouth County. I have been fortunate enough to be able to pick up a upper that would need to be converted to be NJ Legal. Can anybody recommend somebody who is local to this area that can help with this.

Thanks in advance

mastodon ammo nj. What needs to be done exactly?? Bayonet lug removed, flash hider removed and muzzle brake installed?

yuppppp.....

i purchased this http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/m4-premium-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

but knowing that I had to have it modified to be NJ legal, but as all of you know, there is almost nothing out there, especially anything that is already NJ compliant.

I hear ya man... I would say do it yourself but if that flash hider is pinned thats gonna be a pain in the ass. Dont get caught with that upper and a lower in the same house please lol Do you have a muzzle brake picked out already?

It's a 16" so I doubt it's pinned already. If you have a drill press I'd imagine pinning a brake on wouldn't be too difficult. The bayo lug is cake with even a dremel.

I recommend the BattleComp 2.0 if you haven't picked one out yet.

Yeah is it 16 or 16 including the flash hider? That should tell you if its permanent or not...

My favorites for NJ are the battlecomps, dynacomp extreme, pof triple port and stag arms comp.

Generally they advertise the bbl length w/o the muzzle device. Usually you will see 14.5" NFA if it is a 14.5" bbl without perm attached device.

I dont even have possession yet, just ordered it because i was at the right place at the right time. I figured would keep it in the box until I am able to make it NJ Compliant. According to PSA it takes 15 business days to ship, so I thought I would be able to find a location and get things in place to have it done properly.

I'm sending my mp15 16" to mastodon within the next few weeks to have them shorten+thread the barrel and install the muzzle brake I plan on scooping up. I read very good things about them. As p4enty said, adco is also highly rated but you would need to ship it out