scorched

Lcp or cm9 for pocket carry

Hey guys how's it going?

I am in search of some opinions and experience. I am in the market for a pocket carry gun, and I have narrowed it down to 2 guns. I either want the ruger lcp or the kahr cm9. I know the lcp would make a better pocket gun, but I am unsure of if I want a .380 for a carry pistol, even if will only see summer use. I would much prefer a 9mm. I currently only shoot and carry glocks (I have a 23 and a 27), so I do not want any gun with a safety or an external hammer. The 27 is my primary carry, but in the summer in a t shirt it is slightly tough to conceal and I just want a pocket gun for a quick trip out.

What do you guys recommend? Experiences pocketing the cm9? I have read of some people saying its the perfect size, and others saying its too large. I cannot decide which route I want to go.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Jake

I had kahr pm9 same as cm9 just some small differences. its an excellent gun, very glock like, small and priced right, but if you want a small 9mm you have check the rohrbaugh r9. I think they make the smallest most pocketable 9mm, but it is very expensive. the only negative I think is the mag release, but I don't think you will be doing any quick mag dumps with this type of weapon, it's not it's intent. pk90 could come in with more info, he rocks one... ps the kahr footprint is just slightly bigger but definitely thicker than the lcp, the r9 is very similar is size all the way around to the lcp, pretty small...

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/

Pardon the bumping of my old thread. But I ended up getting the cm9. I will say I am impressed with it. Put it thru the 200 break in. No issues of any kind. Then put 50 rounds 124 grain gold dot HP thru it. Flawless. And for such a tiny gun, it sure is easy to shoot. I am very happy with the purchase.

I have a good amount of experiance with the Khar line if pistols, I own a CW9 and a PM40 they are excellent reliable and eat anything I feed them including steel cased ammunition. For a DAO trigger it's very smooth and has a crisp break. The only down side was they did not make any replacement sites for either model but they have fixed that and night sights can be had in either. I have no exp with the CM9 but I think you made the better over all choice for CCW.