iRace559

Need AR build advice!

I know this may sound stupid, but its been something that I've been debating back and forth.

I have a customized M&P15 Sport that I absolutely love. I paid 600 bucks for it a year ago and I couldn't be happier. The only thing that I missed was the ejection port cover and forward assist. (Not that I need it, just completes the look IMO)

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a PSA Premium M4A1 Upper and a NFA polymer lower.

Now my question to you guys is.

Do I leave the M&P15 sport as is, and build the PSA on the NFA lower?

OR

Do I put the PSA upper on the M&P lower to have that "complete look" im going for, and build a super lightweight NFA lower with the "barebones" M&P15S upper.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris

Leave the first one alone and start a second build. Do the upper first. Can always put the second upper on the first lower.

IMO it does not pay to mess with the first upper.

+1

You can make various uppers to suit your different needs.

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to do what you propose. If you're looking for a complete look with all the bells and whistles, why not mate the PSA upper with the S&W lower. That's the beauty about these rifles, you can mix and match accessories and swap lowers and uppers whenever you want a different look. Only thing I would suggest is keep a BCG married to the same upper all the time. Don't think it would ever be an issue, I just like my BCG to wear/break in with the same upper. So why wouldn't you do it? What are your concerns? The PSA uppers are not bad quality. Don't think you'll notice much difference in accuracy. I have an M&P 15 ORC and a PSA upper with a CCMG lower and they shoot similarly. I have different comps on them so they feel different but accuracy is about the same.

Do what you want, they're your rifles.