well once the local PD takes my FID application (they only accept them on certain days and times but they aren't posted anywhere SO I have to guess the officer's work schedule because only one guy can handle them.....) I have to wait likely weeks for the stuff to come back. My references have been notified and know to send back immediately and my town is so small that people aren't flocking to get an FID so I assume it wont be terribly long. My question is as far as I know it is 1 handgun a month, but I will be looking at getting a pistol as well as a Rifle (AR as long as I can find one) is the 1 a month only on handguns or is it all guns? also is it only when buying from a dealer or private as well. The pistol I will get from a dealer but the Rifle I am certain I will have to try to find and purchase privately! Any info would be appreciated.

Good luck trying to find an AR in the current state of affairs. IMHO you might consider waiting several months for things to quiet down, unless of course they put a ban on them. If you're looking at something for home defense, perhaps consider a shotgun. As far as I know, they are still somewhat available.

I know I will be hard pressed to find one at a reasonable price. I may sucker up and get a .22lr but I don't know yet... My main fear is that they will make them all go away...Though I am 90% sure the ban won't pass.... still that fear in the back of my mind...