crowel57

Hello from EHT

Hello, my name is Andrew, and I'm a gun addict.

I grew up with guns at the end of the hallway in a case, but never saw them leave that case until about 2 years ago, which was the first time I shot. I got my own FID card a year ago, and now have a Mosin Nagant (great one to start with), AR15 in 7.62x39, Saiga 7.62, Vepr 7.62x54R, Saiga 12, Springfield XD9, S&W 686, and S&W Governor. Waiting on three more permits, now.

Right now I go shooting with my family at Quinton Sportsmens Club, about once a month, but I'm going to join the Atlantic County Firearms Training Facility soon, since it's right around the corner from me.

Haha, the nice thing about it, is that it's cheap ammo, and much more fun, IMO than a 22. Plus, using the Mosin for a few hundred rounds will get rid of any timidness a new shooter might have with recoil. Everything else feels like shooting a paintball gun, haha. But, I do see your point about dislocating shoulders. I actually got a slip-on gel recoil pad for it, so I had no trouble putting about 200 rounds through it my first time at the range.

Hello Andrew.

Welcome to the forum. You may want to check with other shooters in your area and here on the forum. Atlantic County's range is not generally well thought of. Sometimes close isn't best. Look into your options, South Jersey Shooting Club, Cumberland Riflemen, Hutton Hill, Mullica Hill Rifle and Pistol (near the Cape May/Cumberland boarder). I am in Cape May County and shot once at the Atlantic county range. Once was enough for me to decide to go elsewhere, so I'm also biased on this.

Welcome to the forum.

Ron.

Thanks, everyone, and thanks for the info, MedicYeti. I love Quinton, where I shoot with my family now, but it's over an hour drive, so its fine if I'm spending the day at the range, but I was looking for something closer for short trips, like an hour or two. I know a few casual shooters that are members at the AC range and I haven't heard any complaints from them, other than that it gets crowded, which I don't like, but for just quick trips on the weekend I could deal with. What were the issues you had with it?