Sign in to follow this  
skorpion317

My letter to Chris Christie

Dear Governor Christie,

I am writing to you today, as a law-abiding, gun-owning, patriotic American, in regards to the proposed gun control bills being debated in both houses of the New Jersey Legislature.

An Assembly committee, chaired by Charles Mainor (D-Hudson), voted yesterday to send 24 gun control bills to the full Assembly for voting, despite hundreds of people voicing their opposition to and concerns about these bills. Mr. Mainor conducted himself very unprofessionally - ignoring speakers, attempting to cut them off when they voiced their opposition to the bills, carrying on side conversations with other committee members while citizens spoke, etc. His behavior was disrespectful and showed no regard for the citizens present at the meeting.

On February 8th, 2013, over a thousand people rallied at the Statehouse in Trenton in support of gun rights. While they stood in the freezing rain for hours, tone-deaf Assembly Democrats sat comfortably inside, debating the best ways to infringe upon those rights.

Your own violence task force held public meetings recently. The vast majority of people at these meetings voiced their opposition to gun control measures, and offered a variety of solutions to help stop crime, from more jobs to community outreach programs.

It seems that many in the NJ Legislature do not respect the rights or opinions of law-abiding gun owners. The gun control bills currently being debated will do nothing to stop violent crime. They will, however, make it much harder for law-abiding gun owners to exercise their rights.

I think you've been doing a good job as Governor of New Jersey. I voted for you in the election, as did most of my family and friends. If these bills are passed and you sign any of them into law, however, I cannot in good conscience vote for you again, whether you run for reelection as governor or on the larger national stage. My family and friends feel the same way. I strongly urge you to veto any gun control legislation that makes its way to you. These unconstitutional infringements on our rights must be stopped.

Sincerely,

XXXXX

Great letter. These type of letters showing what we will do voting wise because of how we have been/are treated show good cause and affect. It at least gives them something to think about.

Now we need to get thousands of letters such as these flowing in.

That's a great letter! I was just getting ready to write a similar letter.

I'm going to urge him to veto any bills that get to his desk, because of the way they are being rammed through the legislature just like New York and that the bills are poorly crafted and full of errors that should not be allowed to be signed into law!

I too was going to comment on the way Asm Mainor conducted himself, and that many citizens who wanted to testify (for and against) were not allowed to!

This is going to be a long road to haul but we all need to keep the pressure on!

Will

We have a thread of this already. Appreciate the letter, but if we can keep them under one thread so people can view/utilize any ideas, that would be great.

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48390-Letters-to-Chris-Christie

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...