ifjpm

Sen. Sweeny Radio Interview

Does anyone know a web site I could hear the interview from Sen. Sweeny on 106.9 that he gave this week regarding the recent gun bills passed by the senate. I heard he may have mentioned something regarding the 10 round capacity magazine bill but I can verify it.

How does an general organizer for the ironworkers local get elected to office in NJ.....Does anyone have any idea what it takes to be a GO for the ironworkers.......this is exactly why...IMO....we are in the position here in NJ we are......"No Good Man Wants The Job"....will the corruption in this state ever cease to exist ? IMO.....probably not.

Does anyone know a web site I could hear the interview from Sen. Sweeny on 106.9 that he gave this week regarding the recent gun bills passed by the senate. I heard he may have mentioned something regarding the 10 round capacity magazine bill but I can verify it.

I don't know where you could hear it but here's the NJ.com article. He said the Senate will look at some of the proposed legislation by the Assembly. He went on to say the Senate will consider some but not all will pass. So the key is what will the Senate pass and how much will go to CC desk, either way we are all going to find out if the Gov is with us or not. Technical Sweeny could make himself look good to us and not introduce any of it into the Senate. That would be the right thing to do but this is an election year...

How does an general organizer for the ironworkers local get elected to office in NJ.....Does anyone have any idea what it takes to be a GO for the ironworkers.......this is exactly why...IMO....we are in the position here in NJ we are......"No Good Man Wants The Job"....will the corruption in this state ever cease to exist ? IMO.....probably not.

So it that what they are calling it now, he was billing himself as Ironworker then Business Agent and now General Organizer? I guess General Organizer is upgraded title for Business Agent which probably means he never worked the steel like a real Ironworker, that’s what I always wondered if he was able to fabricate steel or was he just another desk jockey? At the risk of stereotyping I’m thinking if he was a real Ironworker this should be game-over and any new firearms bills go right into the shitter. I don't see why any blue-collar workers would even allow or be on-board with any of this BS, it is just mind-boggling to me as it was 20 years ago.

Sweeny has an opportunity to surprise everyone here and out flank CC and the Assembly on this and show he is Pro2A, or will it be the dreaded party line vote and kick the can down the road back to CC for approval or veto? A few weeks back another NJGF member posted that Sweeny was more 2A friendly than CC so I guess we are going to find out. In the meantime lets just keep pounding them with email, faxes, snail mail otherwise they will just ram it though if they think we are OK with it

i would rather see the stupid gun laws, the ones that doesn't effect us get passed, like the f2f trasfers must go through a nics check, the bills i dread like the ban on ammo sales, or the 10 round magazine bills i would hope die in the senate or cc desk.

i would rather see the stupid gun laws, the ones that doesn't effect us get passed, like the f2f trasfers must go through a nics check, the bills i dread like the ban on ammo sales, or the 10 round magazine bills i would hope die in the senate or cc desk.

The one I dread most is the every 5 year reapplication. It's bad enough to go through it once. The way it's now written, everyone will have to switch over within 2 years. That's 500k applications per year.

The one I dread most is the every 5 year reapplication. It's bad enough to go through it once. The way it's now written, everyone will have to switch over within 2 years. That's 500k applications per year.

Gives us a damn strong case for it being unconstitutional when everyone's FID is invalid after the 2 year mark and the state isn't even close to caught up...

That's the political shell game... submit a slew of mostly unreasonable bills, vote down some of the most egregious ones so you end up passing the ones you wanted all along.

I would rather have none of them.

Like the rest off the proposed bills the F2F transfer is another stupid idea. As long as both parties have an FID card there is no point in having to bother with nics. All this will accomplish is complicating a transaction between gun owners. If this bill passes I would think all private sales would have to be done with an FFL dealer. The firearm would have to be paid for, fill out nics and in 3-4 days go back to pickup your purchase. The days of instant checks are done. I still cant figure out how there is a backlog on nics now. It's not like there is anything left in stores anymore. Just another example of how law makers will be making legal citizens jump through more hoops. I tell ya perfect form of gun control make everything such a pia that it is nobody bothers anymore. If they pass the fid card renewal policy I can't wait to see that disaster. Wait till you won't be able to buy ammo because you have an older card or your card is no longer valid and you applied for the new one but like all things in NJ you are still waiting.

Gives us a damn strong case for it being unconstitutional when everyone's FID is invalid after the 2 year mark and the state isn't even close to caught up...

Yes, that was my pipe dream expressed in another thread. Imagine that goes to court, and the court decides that even before the new law, PDs couldn't do it in 30 days so rules that state has to do away with FID altogether, because it's redundant with NICS.

My guess is they'll amend to give us more than 2 years, which will just kick the constitutional can down the road, because without massive infrastructure investment, there's no way PDs can handle 20% of FID holders reapplying every year.