dman2112

Does anyone know this?

90% of my customers are not from my area. 30% of those are out of state. Confiscating a few dealers copies shows nothing substantial. If someone was looking to see if someone specifically purchased a long gun, they would have to go to every dealer in the US and hand search every bound book they ever had. That would take years by a slew of people.

90% of my customers are not from my area. 30% of those are out of state. Confiscating a few dealers copies shows nothing substantial. If someone was looking to see if someone specifically purchased a long gun, they would have to go to every dealer in the US and hand search every bound book they ever had. That would take years by a slew of people.

Unless you're one of those "locals".

As far as it taking a long time- they have time- they've been trying to circumvent 2A since 1837. A little here, a little there. Easiest would be to leave it up to the states. TOTAL confiscation would be impossible without a door-to-door search. But as long as their is a law saying they can take such-and-such a gun, they could get their hands on quite a few of 'em, I think.

Pass a law that requires national or even state registration of EVERY firearm, and it's game over- register or become a felon if you're caught. We're trying to avoid that happening, of course, but it's all baby steps. Problem is, baby steps add up to something very very big over the course of 200 years.

Holy cow. Everyone misinterpreted my question. I'll go ask on calguns.met

I don't think you read the various answers to your various questions.......

The easiest way to say it is: NJ only has a record of handguns you purchased (if any) in NJ using a NJ Pistol Purchase Permit And Form Of Register . Any other guns, regardless of type or place of purchase are not registered in NJ (unless you voluntarily registered them - but you would know you did that).