Sign in to follow this  
Jfoster99

Leaving a Pistol in FL Condo..

I will be closing on a condo in Florida soon.

I plan to leave one of my carry guns their so I don't have to deal with air travel and a firearm.

My question is eventually we may rent it out 6 months per year.. A lot of rentals have a locked closet for the landlord to keep personal items secure during the rental period.

Would I be able to store my handgun in a small safe bolted to the floor of the locked closet?

The lease would specify that area was not included in the rental and that the landlord would maintain use of the space..

You could also consider adding an alarm system with a separate zone just for the closet with a keypad inside. At least that way you would know within a minute or so if someone tried to gain access.

Not sure about the laws in FL, but you could consider a safety deposit box too.

you COULD do what you said, but whats stopping someone from breaking into it (and yes, if someone wanted to, they could) and using it to commit a crime? all while you might not even know it was gone until you got arrested.. JTD's suggestion of a safety deposit box is not a bad idea.. kinda like Jason Bourne..

I feel if you kept a lock room from a tenant who is renting the space sooner or later they will get curious as to whats in that locked room/closet. They would have all the time in the world to get in there and peep around. IDK just sounds a little too risky to me. Like previously mentioned...see about a lock box.