Here on a quick trip to Salem, NH for work. Couldn't pass the opportunity to visit the Cabelas right off 84 thinking they would have mountains of .223 and 5.56 as I heard one of their hunting seasons starts tomorrow.

Absolutely no handgun ammo, just 3 boxes of .40. All 223 and 5.56 gone. Tons of overpriced 30-06 and 7.62. Looks like wait was about 30 minutes to an hour for firearm purchases.

One lonely box of shotshell primers and no powder. Anybody know of any smaller places in Salem? I have a few days. Just looking for .223/5.56 now.

Here on a quick trip to Salem, NH for work. Couldn't pass the opportunity to visit the Cabelas right off 84 thinking they would have mountains of .223 and 5.56 as I heard one of their hunting seasons starts tomorrow.

Absolutely no handgun ammo, just 3 boxes of .40. All 223 and 5.56 gone. Tons of overpriced 30-06 and 7.62. Looks like wait was about 30 minutes to an hour for firearm purchases.

One lonely box of shotshell primers and no powder. Anybody know of any smaller places in Salem? I have a few days. Just looking for .223/5.56 now.

Did they have shotgun target ammo ? On my last 2 trips to Cabelas Hamburg they ve been cleaned out.

Did they have shotgun target ammo ? On my last 2 trips to Cabelas Hamburg they ve been cleaned out.

They actually had some sales and fuller shelves of shotgun. $12.99 a box of the Zombie defense stuff and $3.99 5 round boxes of buckshot. I am going back on Thursday. PM me what your looking for and a max price and I can pick some up for you.

Forgot to add they had bins of 30 round AR mags. Metal, plastic, see through, etc. $14-$35.

The staff in the store seemed to be concentrated in the hunting section. Just about one staffer per aisle. Overheard many of them saying the same things we hear in Jersey about ammo gone and should have more soon, etc. All were very polite and courteous.

Forgot to add they had bins of 30 round AR mags. Metal, plastic, see through, etc. $14-$35.

The staff in the store seemed to be concentrated in the hunting section. Just about one staffer per aisle. Overheard many of them saying the same things we hear in Jersey about ammo gone and should have more soon, etc. All were very polite and courteous.

What about CT's new ban on mags?

Would these be considered pre-ban? I'm surprised there were any left...

They actually had some sales and fuller shelves of shotgun. $12.99 a box of the Zombie defense stuff and $3.99 5 round boxes of buckshot. I am going back on Thursday. PM me what your looking for and a max price and I can pick some up for you.

Appreciate the offer. I did find some target ammo at the WalMart and ordered online from Cabelas with a 3-4week backorder.

Is it the season , or the same thing for metallic cartridges is happening to shotgun ammo?

Yeah seriously, you guys don't read the news? Gun enthusiasts are cleaning out the stores. This is even worse than the regular ammo shortage. They're also buying up all the ARs, lowers and other firearms because it's about to get stupidly restricted in CT.

The assembly is voting on the bills today. I wonder if they'll have music and celebrate the death of the 2A in CT like they did in NJ the other day.

What about CT's new ban on mags?

Would these be considered pre-ban? I'm surprised there were any left...

If I had to guess, there was maybe 300, 30 round magazines available and 25, 5 rounders. I'm going to hit them up again tomorrow. Hoping to get some 223.

Just hit it up on my way back. All 30 rd mags taken off the shelves ( or sold ). I actually found two and gave them to an employee who seemed bewildered that I found them behind ammo.

22lr in stock. 100 round CCI LR HP mini mags at $7.99 each. Limit one per person. I had my co-worker buy one with me.

I hit up RTSP on my way home because its been a while since I was there last. Wouldn't sell me 223 because I wasn't a member even though a non-member price is listed on the flat panel TV so they offered me 5.56 at $19.00 a box of 20. I also checked out some of their accessories. I honestly couldn't believe how expensive they were. I used my scanner app to compare prices. Some of their optics were more than double the price than available online. Nice group of people, but I'm over them.

Stopped in again. Completely lucked out...They had .223. Limit of 5 boxes of PMC per person @ $8.99 each. Picked up 10 boxes, had a co-worker come in with me. The employee was stocking the shelf with three cases as I came in. I hit the bathroom and before we left, a customer I was talking to in line said he grabbed the last 5 boxes and had been waiting for 4 hours in the store for them to open the boxes.

Pretty crazy. Wondering when all this will blow over.