Sign in to follow this  
AlDente67

A Modest Proposal

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to form a buyer club here where we could list out the ammo we want, and then whenever someone stumbles in at the right time to the store and spots some product...snag it up for the other guy. Then meet up at some point later to exchange the product for the cash?

Do you think this is workable?

For example, if Dicks in Woodbridge has 2lr, I would love a brick or two, but I can't get up to Woodbridge at the drop of a hat. If I were to try after work, I might find myself driving an hour for nothing if they sold out already.

Not sure if the concept is too much hassle - eventual meetup or mail, but I'm just thinking aloud.

Problem is most stores have limits at like 1 or 2 boxes per customer.

Very true, but if someone needed 357 and couldn't find it locally, and I wander into the LGS and they happen to have a box or two, I don't have any use for that round, but I can certainly pick up boxes up to the limit. Some is better than none.

Logistics might be an issue, but even forum members living in the same town could happen across something by chance at 9am whereas the other member shows up at 7pm and it is all gone (same store).

I'll call it a live alternative to gunbot, but at better prices (hopefully)

I know it requires some trust on the part of the members, so maybe restricted only to forum contributors or some such, and then a repository for what you need and what is your max price. If I see something that fits your criteria, I can pick it up and vice versa.

Just a thought since many of us are within driving distance and have different schedules.