Sign in to follow this  
cigarsnscotch

What is this country coming to? Town Council votes for removal of Gadsden flag

I'm not in the military nor do I have family who have served minus my grandfather, but I am an American and I respect and appreciate what the founders did and armed forces have done and sacrificed to make this country into a great nation. Now I am not so sure. Who in the hell are these people that we have in municipal, state, and federal government positions? The logic, reasoning, and critical thinking of these people is just downright pitiful. That flag is a powerful symbol of our history.

Gadsden flag, called Tea Party symbol, removed from New York military armory

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/14/gadsden-flag-called-tea-party-symbol-removed-from-military-armory/#ixzz2QSpfylFu

If it's a Tea Party symbol I support its removal. If it's a Military symbol I support it staying.

I guess it all depends on the intent. If it's always been flying, then let if fly. If it's only put flying since a Tea Party guy put it up there recently then it can be removed.

then you buy into the media's portrayal of the TEA party?

the :

Taxed

Enough

Already

Party?

The party that wants people to be RESPONSIBLE for themselves?

Media already beat you then because the Gadsden was the ORIGINAL flag of this nation.

such a sad state we are in where you have to explain stuff like this.

pop was stationed at the nike missile base in clementon. grandpop was infantry in the 30's. great uncle kia feb 2, 1945, 1st infantry. uncle was stationed in germany in the 50's. great uncle served in the infantry in the pacific during ww2, and survived till a few weeks ago. i am current civil air patrol. it honestly makes me sick when i see stuff like this, and i'm sure those in my family that served/died are rolling in their graves.

The whole freedom of expression thing, right to bear arms thing, right to be free from unreasonable search thing, right to a fair trial thing, yeah, they don't actually exist are are no more than an illusion. Those in politics, even at the lowly level of being a town council member, like power and control.

I actually have seen this flag in front of several houses in fair lawn/paramus area. was very surprised :)

who owns the New Rochelle Military Armory?

army? NG? township? if its not privately owned no matter how u feel about the decision they are in the full right to control what goes on exterior / interior of the building.... the article says the council got complains from the residents. it's their job to respond and since in the most town they never deal with any serious issues facing residents, something as simple as removing a flag to show that they are a fictioning body is a golden opportunity.,..