Little Red Rooster

Storage of firearms - Leaving the country??

I have a hypothetical legal question about a situation I could face.

Hypothetically, if I had to leave the country for a period of time (1-3 years) due to a work opportunity - what would I be obligated to do with my firearms by law?

Say this situation would have me living in Bermuda where there's no way I could bring them, unfortunately.

If this were to happen my plan would be to store my firearms in a locked safe at a immediate family member's residence where only I could get into it when I would come back to the US for visits. The guns would be locked up in a private residence in the suburbs located in a nice, remote area. I would be coming back probably once every 3-6 months and would be checking on them and hopefully using them, oiling, cleaning, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

heres underground storage facilty located in whippany, they are also a shop/ffl

long/short term storage, guns are cleaned, vaccum sealed and placed in personal vault, safe deposit type box

a friend of mine is using them now, he is overseas for extended time period, its resonably priced

https://firearmssupportandstorage.com/storage/

long/short term storage, guns are cleaned, vaccum sealed and placed in personal vault, safe deposit type box

a friend of mine is using them now, he is overseas for extended time period, its resonably priced

I did an ffl transfer through them recently. Nice guys and a great looking facility.

Thanks for the feedback, you guys! I am going to look into the storage facility as an option.

From a legal standpoint, would it be illegal for me to not sell my firearms if I am going to be an expat in another country for a number of years? (ie: could I legally leave them at a parent or siblings house for storage if that's not my current main residence??)

Basically, if I am confident and trustful in leaving them at a family member's home, then I would rather do that than pay someone to hold them. Also that could be annoying if I come home and just want to shoot for a day or two (bc I'd prob have to go there, pay to take them out, pay to put back).

Thanks for posting this useful information. I never knew there was an FFLmthat has storage.