Dr Bocci

new AR owner...questions and observation

Well i was finally able to pick up my new m&p15 sport today (12 nics) at cheyenne mountain. UV been playing with it for an hour or so.

I have a question and an observation

1) the safety can not be engaged without the hammer being cocked. Is this normal AR function, normal m&p function our is my brandy-new baby already broken?

2) does anyone send in the registration card to the manufacturer?

3) it really hurts when the upper pivots down and crushes your index finger between the handgaurd and the front of the magazine well...

post-5044-0-71239700-1366259654_thumb.jpg

Well i was finally able to pick up my new m&p15 sport today (12 nics) at cheyenne mountain. UV been playing with it for an hour or so.

I have a question and an observation

1) the safety can not be engaged without the hammer being cocked. Is this normal AR function, normal m&p function our is my brandy-new baby already broken?

Normal.

2) does anyone send in the registration card to the manufacturer?

I never have.

3) it really hurts when the upper pivots down and crushes your index finger between the handgaurd and the front of the magazine well...

Indeed it does be more careful.

Congrats! Question 1 is really a good one for people new to ARs. I kind of figured this was normal operation when I put my LPK together in my stripped lower. I noticed the safety selector would not engage without the hammer being cocked. Good question!

Enjoy it! Get a good deal from Cheyenne?

Congrats! Question 1 is really a good one for people new to ARs. I kind of figured this was normal operation when I put my LPK together in my stripped lower. I noticed the safety selector would not engage without the hammer being cocked. Good question!

Enjoy it! Get a good deal from Cheyenne?

Thanks for the cudos. I got home last night and started messing with it and thought i broke something...then i thought i broke my finger. :)

I paid 850. That's 150 more than they were going last year at cheyenne. All in all i think it was a fair price considering the way things aregoing now. They do have a good inventory and seem to be getting new in a few times a week. I live up near heritage in rahway and they have nothing, new or used. Im happy.

Now i just need amunition.

I have another question. I usually clean and lube ballistol. Any problem using that on the AR?