Barms

Boston SWAT team rifles.

okay i found a video.. in the first ten seconds each SWAT team guy has that unique butt stock as they walk up the steps..

THEN at the 40 second mark is when i saw the shorter barrels and the tinier mags..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bdpxbq-qIM

and yes, to all those who say an AR is "all around better" than the pistol caliber stuff listed above.. i hear ya 100%.. i was just curious about alternative rifle types. But thank you immensely for your knowledge.

i see no pros to something like that... I would much rather have a SBR AR... as there is less chance of over penetrating... sub guns were all the rage for interior and short urban situations (like swat).. but like I said.. an AR is better IMO..

I agree, not only that but there more accurate and out to longer distances if needed. BUT!! they are still bad ass, the UMP is my favorite firearm of all time, kinda like the unicorn...never gonna own one.. and a compliant version is POINTLESS. i dont believe they were making SBR AR's like they do now when these were being implemented.

SOOO Jelly! man I'd be grinning for a month if i got to do that!

To be honest my first choice was the mp5. The classic sub gun of my childhood.

I wanted to try the UMP45 but it gets expensive lol. 9mm was cool but felt a bit toyish. If I ever go back (and ammo goes back down) its M16 all the way

I have shot both the UMP in .45 and a 9mm MP5 on a regular basis. I was even issued an MP5 for a little while before being issued a Colt R0933 Commando.

Given a choice between the two subguns I woud pick the MP5 all day long.

While recoil is minimal on both platforms, the MP5 is subjectively less.

I am consistently faster on follow up shots and quicker on multi target engagements when on the timer.

To me, the MP5 points better and just overall feels more comfortable to shoot that the UMP.

At the risk of starting a sh!tstorm of a caliber debate, as far as the 9mm vs .45 issue, I believe that with modern ammunition shot placement is more important than projectile size/weight. If in the same anount of time I can put more 9mm in a smaller area than I can with .45, I think that trumps any perceived benefits of the larger bullet.