checko

P2X Fury light

What are your thoughts on this flashlight?

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/SureFire-P2X-Fury-Tactical-Single-Output-LED-p/sf-p2x-a-bk-eag-click.htm

I have a gift cert. for the BCM website and I'm itching to buy something but if there are better options for the money I'll hold off.

I have 4. One on my duty belt, and 3 on 5.56x45 rifles.

I am planning in buying more to replace the Surefire G2 and G2x flashlights I currently have assigned to do other jobs (Wife's Purse, both cars, tool box, go bag, nightstand, etc...)

These EAG Fury lights are the best value light out there right now in my opinion.

500 lumens designed with the throw/focus that Surefire has engineered into these lights is my new standard for all social guns and working lights. 500 lumes gives you the ability to not only acquire a target but to discern if they are a threat or not at distances up to and sometimes past 100 yards. (my minimum is 200 lumens as acceptable, but 500 is preferable - More is good too if the beam is focused correctly)

Also, the idea that you will "blind" yourself with 500 lumens on a gun if you do "room entry" or CQB type work is flat out false. The light will light up the room, allow you to search more efficiently by removing a lot of the shadow that more focused lights cast, and will enable you to ID a threat faster. It will most assuredly not blind you.

Buy with confidence.

I have the 15/500 Lumen version. It gets used every day at work...A LOT.

I go through a pair of Surefire batteries two or three times a month. Yep, 4~6 batteries a month. I said I use it a lot ;) It'd be nice if the low setting was a little brighter. Since you're looking at the single setting version, brightness won't be an issue for you.

It's a great light, but I did manage to knock the spring in the tail cap loose somehow.

I Mickey-Moused it back together and it's been fine. I'm sure Surefire will cover it once I get around to contacting them about it.

I plan to pick up a few of the type the OP linked to.

I'll echo High Exposure. I have Furys on both 5.56 rifles, and one 15-500 on my duty belt. I thought the 6P LED through off some light, it pales in comparison to the Fury. Check LA Police gear for sales, I picked mine up for $108 + shipping. However, the BCM version is awesome...

I bought the Pro Tac HL because it was cheaper and is has a few minor differences that i liked... time will tell if that was a mistake.. but like HE said, these lights are the best value out there. If i were in the market for one it would be the Fury or the Pro Tac hands down. I can't even describe the amount of light they put out, and the low setting lets you use the light for simple tasks. it's pretty stupid how bright these little lights are.