UAT

Buying a Non-Compliant firearm.

I got a question, I tried looking for it in the Forum but couldn't find my answer, And the interwebs give me a headache when searching laws for NJ gun owners. I want to purchase a non compliant firearm online and have it made compliant.

My question is this, Do I ship it to an FFL in Jersey that can do the work or does it need to be shipped to an out of state FFL (like PA) to be converted? I am currently deciding between the new Sig 308 AR platform or a AK74 5.45X39 variant. I own several AR's and AK variants already, but I did the conversion to them myself prior to moving back to NJ or While I was building them here in NJ.

Whatever the case is, can I get some suggestions on a good FFL to have it shipped too also.

Thanks ahead of time guys/Ladies.

It can be shipped to a NJ FFL if they do that work.

For gunsmithing I'd recommend Rick at OMG Custom Guns in Bayonne, but IDK if he is within reasonable distance from you or not.

It can be shipped to a NJ FFL if they do that work.

For gunsmithing I'd recommend Rick at OMG Custom Guns in Bayonne, but IDK if he is within reasonable distance from you or not.

Thank you, I will give them a call. Now if I can only find the one I want that doesn't say "will not ship to NJ, CA, MA, CT, NY etc.. lol

What john said.

Contact the FFL and see if they will take it and do the required work. Then order and ship it.

Thank you. I will see what I can do. Now that I know it can be shipped in state, I should be good to go.