Alright, fair enough.  Don't forget that there may be hundreds or thousands of their customers out here, unwittingly breaking the law by possessing magazines modifed by this company (magazines which are clearly not permanently modified).

I understand that and I'm following up with the person who sold it to me. If needed, I could probably contact said vendor about and show my results. A responsible vendor would correct the problem as it has legal ramifications for the customer as well as the vendor.

Haven't heard from the guy I bought the gun from yet, but I did see a post from the FFL who sold it to him and he's leaving the State to Arizona. Best of luck to him, but would that leave the customers who bought a gun with "illegal" magazines out to dry?

I believe you

I didn't want to step on the FFL's toes --  this FFL is extremely knowledgeable on the law among other things

This is making me rethink my own magazine modifications, maybe I'm overdoing it..

I am normally of the mind that one should follow the law but not throw in any extra hurdles for myself lest lawmakers and law enforcement come to expect such extralegal hurdles as routine and realizable.

On the other hand, mine are metal Com Bloc rifle magazines which seem to attract more attention than handgun magazines in this state