checko

milt sparks holsters

Eh. Well built holster but I find the hybrids more comfortable. If you like the VM2 design there are a lot of good clones out there at a third of the price and no wait. Sometimes I feel that the VM2 is so desirable because it is expensive and you have to wait a long time to have one custom built for you. You can get one for the popular pistols at Top Gun Supply for about $150 in stock. If they are out of stock they usually get more in a few weeks time. I personally do not keep my guns for long periods of time and I have 6 carry guns that I rotate at will.

My holsters never are used long enough to show any wear so it is a waste of money to spend too much on them. I used to get holsters from Milt Sparks and others in exotic leathers and wait months for them. In some cases by the time the holster arrived, my gun was sold already. In others, I used the holster and did not like it. The few custom ones I have are sitting in a drawer as I find the less expensive ones more comfortable. Perhaps it is because the leather is thinner and thus more supple or perhaps I like the designs better. Sure my expensive holsters will last a lifetime, my lifetime at least, but I rarely use them anymore preferring the ones I get on ebay and Amazon that are handmade and molded to my particular gun, done by leather workers that do not have a big name. I also like Galco and MTAC holsters. No long wait and they work well for me. Take a look at the MTAC hybrid. Less leather than the others and very comfortable and well made.

I use one daily and have for a few years. It's the most comfortable holster I've ever used in twenty plus years of carrying a pistol concealed seven days a week. I also have a couple of knock offs that aren't bad, but when compared side by side the VMII is more comfortable. The drawbacks are as described. They are expensive and the wait to get one takes a while. I had the completely opposite experience of Old Dog. Several folks recommended the MTac to me as the next best thing. Not only did I find the holster overly large and uncomfortable, but it destroyed the finish on my Para PDA due to the less then stellar formed Kydex portion.

I Use One For My Emp. Check Milt Sparks Facebook For When They Stock Their Licensed Dealers. I Got Lucky And Got One A Few Weeks After I Decided I Wanted One. I Got One For My Buddy Too And i dont think Hes Ever Used It. I Could Ask Him If He Wants To Sell it.

I Use One For My Emp. Check Milt Sparks Facebook For When They Stock Their Licensed Dealers. I Got Lucky And Got One A Few Weeks After I Decided I Wanted One. I Got One For My Buddy Too And i dont think Hes Ever Used It. I Could Ask Him If He Wants To Sell it.

Sure if you could do that it'd be awesome.

I use one daily and have for a few years. It's the most comfortable holster I've ever used in twenty plus years of carrying a pistol concealed seven days a week. I also have a couple of knock offs that aren't bad, but when compared side by side the VMII is more comfortable. The drawbacks are as described. They are expensive and the wait to get one takes a while. I had the completely opposite experience of Old Dog. Several folks recommended the MTac to me as the next best thing. Not only did I find the holster overly large and uncomfortable, but it destroyed the finish on my Para PDA due to the less then stellar formed Kydex portion.

That is why we all end up with a drawer or more full of holsters we no longer use. I have a bad hip so certain holsters are less painful than others. I need the extra leather to cushion the gun or I am in pain. However, I have pretty much committed to pocket carry due to my hip problem and sold off all but my home defense full sized guns. Got rid of my four 1911's and have 6 pocket guns from .380 to .45 ACP in caliber to choose from. If I need something bigger I have a HK P2000SK and FNX-9 available although I rarely go anywhere where there are people under 55 years old since I live in a retirement community. :)

I rotate 6 carry guns, work from home and usually sell off my guns after a few months to get new ones, so my guns rarely have any holster wear. At worse they go into the holster in the morning and taken out at night once every few weeks so my needs are very different than others.

I do belt carry but mostly OWB these days. If I am going to be sitting most of the time, I will wear a pancake style OWB holster. They work out very well for me since I always wear un-tucked shirts, shorts and sandals. If I need to conceal my Ruger Gp-100 or my FNX-9 I will usually wear both an un-tucked tee shirt and outer shirt which conceals anything. However I can only do so for a few hours or else my hip will be sore for a few days.