Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Welcoming a soldier

Just tossing it out here but tomorrow night in the weatherby section of woolwich nj a soldier is returning from overseas. A lot of people will be lining the streets to welcome him home. All is welcome. American flags are a plus

I travel to Georgia a lot for business. When coming up the escalator to go to the rental car area, there is always a large group of people waiting for military personnel. When anyone in military uniform comes to the top they clap for them and greet them with handshakes, and direct them to the USO office. I always spend a few extra minutes there and lend a hand...Or two.

Glad to hear. When I got back from Nam I had to sneak in to avoid the protesters at the airport. Changed into civilian clothes in the restroom of the airport and grabbed  taxi. Two years ago when I moved into this almost 100% Republican retirement community, I had someone say, "thank you for your service". I replied, "huh?". They repeated it and then I realized that I had on my Vietnam Veteran hat for Veterans Day. It was the first time anyone thanked me and it did get to me a little. :)