mattio41

*** Download, Print, Sign, Fax *** Pull the Bills !!

I think a personalized email may also be in order. Not just to the Dems, but also to the Reps who may need talking points in speaking against the bills. Here's what I wrote.

When posted, this cuts off the full URL to the budget analysis, so here it is if you want to cut and paste into a letter. Just remove the space between http and ::

http ://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/S3000/2723_E1.HTM

I am writing to express concern on the economic impact of S2723, which you will be voting on tomorrow.

Looking at the fiscal estimate report, linked below, there is very little quantification of the potential costs of this bill, other than that they would be "significant" and would run into the 10s of millions of dollars.

In the absence of compelling data on how the new firearm ID format and ammunition reporting system will fix defects in the current system, I would be hesitant to make an open ended fiscal commitment to this program. At the very least, I suggest that the requirement to reapply for the FID every 4 years under one option (but not the other) is unnecessarily burdensome, in light of the instant background check system, and will add undue costs.

I ask you to vote against this bill until its scope and costs can be better defined and until its sponsors can provide some concrete data on how this overarching new bureaucracy will contribute to public safety.

Please feel free to call me at xxx if you have any questions.

Sincerely,