fslater

M&P15 ORC

Hi All

I just bought a S&W, M&P15 ORC. From reading stuff on the internet (they can't lie on the internet  :laugh:  ) I understand its a great gun. It should be delivered to my FFL Tuesday. I already have a Red Dot and BUIS on order. I Probabley won't live in NJ forever. I may even take it to, and leave it in my house in FL. If I ever do get it out of NJ I want to change out the pinned stock for a colapsable. Does any one know if the buffer tube on this pinned stock has the holes drilled for a working colapsable under the pinned one? Is the buffer tube Mil-Spec or commersial? If I do have to change it out can a Mil-Spec be used to replace a commersial and vice versa?

Thanks in advance

Damien

Just swap out the buffer tube.  You can replace it with either a mil spec or commercial buffer tube.  All you need to do is remove the castle nut and the buffer tube will unscrew from the receiver. 

To be a bit more clear - You would need to do the following:

1) remove the upper from the lower

2) Depress the ret pin and remove the Buffer & spring

3) loosen the castle nut and back off (un-screw)

4) watch for the small spring that keeps tension on the rear ret. pin

this will pop out behind the ret. plate that is in between the castle nut

and the lower frame.

once the castle nut is unscrewed and the plate is loose and spring removed - you can un-screw the 

buffer tube from the frame.

If you plan on replacing the tube & stock - make sure they are a matched set

Commercial / Commercial

or

Mil-spec / Mil-spec

[ A mil spec stock will not fit on a commercial tube. A commercial stock will fit a 

mil-spec tube but may be a bit loose] Always best to buy a matched set.

Good Luck!

Thanks JT..... I knew how to do it..... Just didn't know which it had now and if it had to be replaced with the same.... Mil vs Com (Same threads, buffer, spring are interchanable if I get the opposite style tube as it has now?)......  I probably don't want to alter the existing stock if i just take it to FLfor a few months, just switch it out and then put it back when I bring it back to Jersey. its no big deal doing that, 5-10 min job.

I don't have the gun yet even..... UPS tracking says it will be at my FFL Monday. This 2-3 week NICS time sux the big one. I looked at one in a shop before I bought one online and I wasn't paying real close attention but it looked like the pin was 1 rivet going thru it. I would have rather given my buiseness to the local shop, but there the price plus tax they were asking for the gun, came out to be almost $300.00 more than the online buy, including shipping, and transfer.