NICS is catching up so it was only a 2 day wait until I got to get my USFA Zip 22. This is an odd looking semi auto 22 handgun which uses 10/22 magazines. It is a little awkward to hold but I got used to it fairly quickly. The only 22LR ammo I had with me was CCI. My first magazine failed to eject with every round. Second mag had 7 FTE's. the third mag had about 3 FTE's. the 4th and 5th ran flawlessly. After whitch a had occasional problems. The gun is pretty accurate out to 25 yards (didnt try farther). I look forward to cleaning it and taking it back out on Sunday, with CCI mini mags, Wolf Match and Federal 22's to we if the gun likes one of those better.

I really liked the idea and look of this gun. I was very turned off by the video reviews I found though so I stopped looking. Id like to hear how your second time out with it goes. Looks to be a cheap and fun little plinker and I already have a 10/22 with is a huge +. 

I'm still trying to figure out what the intended purpose of this firearm is. It doesn't appear to be very ergonomic. I can't imagine that grip is very comfortable. Having a charging rod right at the muzzle end is an interesting choice. It certainly isn't a target gun. Or a hunting gun. Emergency backup gun? I do like the idea of utilizing 10/22 magazines though.

They appear to have lots of issues functioning properly. Hopefully they have been corrected. 

They show it slung under an M4 rail like a M203 or a Masterkey. I wonder of that constitutes an SBR in that configuration since you are adding a stock to a pistol.

Also, check out their website. They are looking to hire people to run their phones if anyone is looking for a new job. They are kinda pushy about it too. They have "operators wanted" ads all over the place :rofl:

It is actually a comfortable gun to hold. It took some getting used to but once I figured it out I like the feel. It is a target gun. Just trying to run it I got good groups. When I figure out its favorite ammo I'll be goin for precision. I'd also use it for steel.

The top rail with the sights is removable and replaceable with other rails. One rail has a weaver rail, another has beavertail a for your favorite sights.

One rail converts it to the SBR you see mounted under the rifle. It's my belief that the attachment is the part that needs a SBR stamp before taking possession. Not an issue in this state. Even if SBR's were legal here, I wouldn't waste the $200 to put this under a rifle.

Function and ammo tests today.

I tried 1 magazine of each of the following: Wolf Match 22. American Eagle. CCI Mini Mags. Remington thunderbolt. CCI Blazer. Federal. Of all, the Thunderbolts were the only ones that shot without a malfunction. 50 rounds, no issues.

I did a little shooting for accuracy and fun, not looking to group on paper. I was shooting at 25 yards and was able to hit a gallon jug multiple times and was able to hit a 20oz bottle after 3 shots.

It's a fun gun.

I have one waiting for permits. Were you using factory 10/22 mags or aftermarket mags. I have heard about malfunctions in this gun so i really hope there is a solution. I also agree that the 200 stamp is not worth mounting this under a barrel on a rifle

BLF- I'm using factory mags, I don't have much luck with 10/22 aftermarket mags in my 10/22's.

of all the ammo I tried today I was a little surprised that the thunderbolts were the only rounds that ran flawlessly.