Shawnmoore81

Phase 5 tactical bolt release

It's really not a bother ;)

I use BAD levers. I have then on all of my carbines and I like them. But, to use them as intendedyour finger absolutely has to be off the trigger to manipulate the device to lock the bolt back or to let it go home.

Not trying to start an argument, little or otherwise - Just a point of order.

People that have no experience with these items and are seeking information may choose to use, or not to use them, based on what they read here.

Trigger finger discipline is paramount to firearms safety. As an instructor you should know that. When you teach your classes are you as cavalier regarding what constitutes finger on/off the trigger when instructing and reinforcing Rule 3?

HE, technically he is right! If you reach around and underneath with your left hand and push it you can keep your finger on the trigger LOL!

Shawn, there are those of us on this forum that prefer technical accuracy in the discussion and especially in the description on how to manipulate a product or device. Personally I dont run a BAD or otherwise as my AR's have a right side internal bolt release. But just looking at the pic you provided, it would seem clear you need to take your finger off the trigger to operate it. Which is why I certainly feel your statementon how you dont have to take your finger off the trigger is certainly suspect!

"Shawnmoore81
Posted Today, 11:58 AM

You don't have to take your finger off the trigger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD "

Seriously Shawn. Attention to detail and personal responsibility are two very important parts of firearms ownership and firearms training. As is the maturity necessary to realize when you made a mistake and correct it.

What you said was flat out wrong. On top of that, even if you actually could manipulate the device while keeping your finger on the trigger you shouldn't as it would be unsafe to do so and break one of the cardinal rules of firearm safety.

If you can't see that for yourself then I don't know what to tell you other than it is a miracle that no one has been hurt in any of the classes you teach.

Take the criticism and drive on.

I love how instead of discussing the safety issue raised by your incorrect comment you turn it into "you guys ruined my thread :-("