WhitetailMathewsZ7

New EDC folder for the Girlfriend

So we have been looking around for a nice EDC knife for my Girlfriend and have been coming up alittle short.  We are looking for a folder thats light and strong.  Something she can carry while running and in her purse, just to have.  For the everyday uses and whatever she might come across.  We have looked at the Spyderco Delica and decided thats in the running but it seems to be alittle large.  The Tenacious is better but to heavy.  We looked at the Kershaw Leek, Chive and Scallion but they are not to grippy and she feels itll slip off her waistband.  Im personally not the biggest fan of benchmade but they are a posibility.  Any suggestions?  Something between 2-4 oz.  Grippy handel, good steel, and right in the 6-61/2 open length. Open for suggestions up to around 200 bucks but would rather spend under 100.  Thanks. 

I was going to suggest the Delica 4 while reading your title. You are really not going to find a blade thinner in the handle, lighter in weight, or stronger in blade steal in that size. Tenacious is waaay too big for a girls hands, unless.....

Also have her look at the Dragonfly, Ladybug, etc... They have a bunch of small folders that are great for women.

A great budget blade that has a pretty good hand fit for almost anyone they grab is the Boker Plus Trance. You can pick them up around $30. I suggest the partially serrated. Has great jimping on the spine for a good purchase in the hand and a great finger choil to prevent the pointer moving forward if you ever needed to actually thrusting into something.

Look At the crkt minimalist if she's interested in a really sturdy small fixed blade. They are right around $20 and I couldn't be more happy with mine as an edc for work that I use alot

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

For small and light, the Kershaw Zing or Blitz is pretty nice. Great bang for the buck too. I have a Shallot in S110V and concur that the handle is quite slippery. The steel handle is heavy too. The Benchmade MPR is small but chunky. Built like a tank but not discrete. Definitely on the higher end of your price range. A Mini Griptilian is nice too. Gerber Torch I is another nice mini.

Do you care about the locking mechanism?

Also, the CRKT Eros can fit the bill. Light as a feather and great steel. Nice grippy handle. Price range is in there. Only downside is the blade is a bit thin and the point is weak due to the profile, but it's not meant to be a camping knife.

It's so light, be perfect for jogging. Has a clip too.

I have a Gerber F.A.S.T. with a 3" blade for work. Honestly I'd go with pepper spray for jogging. One of the jogger models that velcros around your hand so it can't be knocked out if you get tackled.

So we went shopping today and after we went back and forth with a couple she decided on the benchmade mini griptillian......in pink. As long as she likes it and has it with her AT ALL TIMES I'm cool with pink. It's crazy sharp and seems to be put together very well. I also picked up an Endura 4 with the spyder edge. Both are really Sweet knives!

Mini-griptilian is great. I have the regular griptilian, and it's my go to knife.

Too late, but for the sake of the discussion, I'll throw in the Spyderco Manbug. Don't let the name fool you, women can use it too. It's my keychain knife, so I always have a Spidey, whether or not I'm carrying the Griptilian.