Blake

Any experience with Tango Down VFG's?

Yesterday I bought a carbine that came with a Tango Down VFG, this one:  

http://tangodown.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=65

I know it isn't a knock off so before you suggest that it's not the case.  

There is a lot of play in the VFG, i.e. it rocks back and forth on the rail.  The rail is rock solid on the carbine, so I know it's the attachment points on the VFG.  After looking it up it isn't a cheap VFG, so I am wondering if any of you have their products and can tell me if this is normal?  Normally I would just assume there was something wrong with it but the attachment points on this one are different from anything else I have used, including a QD TD grip.  

Grip is pictured.

5dca.jpg

I don't have any experience with them and if I can recommend a brand of vgs, I use Tapco.  Tapco does make some crap but their VFG's are tough, seal is waterproof for the compartment, no play, have never given me an issue on 3 rifles they sit on, are inexpensive, and 2 of my buddies used them on multiple tours in the stan and Iraq and swear by them.

go with the stubbies......

Did you buy it used or new?

Taking the std mount (not QD) TD VFG on and off can open up the rail slot a little and shave the locking blocks down a bit.

Also, if the pic slots are tight, the locking blocks may not seat all the way in, giving the VFG some play.

That looseness really isn't a big deal in the great scheme of things. If you think something is wrong, contact TD CS. They are outstanding and will make it right. Jeff Cahill is a classy guy and he runs a top-notch company.

Oh, and Rutgers95 is right, go with the stubbies. I have a box full of std length VFG in the closet. They were all replaced with stubbies.