Agent_Smith

Shotguns for competition in New Jersey

In New Jersey, you can have a semiautomatic shotgun with a 6-round magazine, but a pump with a theoretical limit of 15 rounds. 

So where does that leave you for 3-gun and knockdown steel competitions in this fine state? Do the competitions lower the number of rounds you can have loaded to 6+1 to match the state laws? Or can you have more rounds loaded for competition if you use a pump?

What do New Jersey residents do when they compete in PA? Can you attach a magazine extension on your semiauto when you cross state lines?

-GS 

You can have a SEMIautomatic shotgun in NJ........... I use my Saiga-12 for Knockdown steel with 5 round mags. My club has rules regarding round counts for semi autos and pumps. I don't remember them off the top of my head, it's been far too long since I have been able to attend one of their events this year.

With practice you can be about as fast with a pump as with a semi auto...... Still I like my Semi auto 12ga's.  I picked up a Mossberg 930 JM Pro, took the tube off at the FFL and replaced it with a +2 extension so I'm at 6+1.

sweet..

We have a several people using pump shotguns in Knockdown Steel at our club. I don't know if they do it for round count, or if they use them simply because what better way is there to practice with a gun you may need to use for home defense one day. I would have to look at past scores to see how they did compared to me, but dropping an empty five round mag and inserting the next one can be done very quickly.

With practice you can be about as fast with a pump as with a semi auto...... Still I like my Semi auto 12ga's.  I picked up a Mossberg 930 JM Pro, took the tube off at the FFL and replaced it with a +2 extension so I'm at 6+1.

i just started looking at shotguns. i eventually want to get into 3gun but love clays right now. i am looking at the 930jm . anyway can you pm me the part number you used for the +2. did you go with 22 or 24 inch for 3 gun. also how do you like it....