chrisfc923

Pics of my MP15 Sport

great question and basically when i first ordered i didn't have the intention to really do much to it at first. I wanted a good AR I can learn off of and upgrade from there. then one thing led to another and I was replacing or adding on things lol. In your opinion though what makes you feel that the sport is a less than basic AR? Its gotten great reviews, has great reliability, and like any AR can be upgraded. this includes either replacing the barrel or adding threads for a muzzle break. Besides the lack of a forward assist, which I rather not have, and a dust cover what does the sport not have that others do? did you base quality based solely on the fact that its lower priced?

Ohh no never that, I love the mp sport. I'm very familiar with the mp sport and I love Smith and wesson PERIOD as you can see on my signature. One of the best thing they ever did is make the mp sport very affordable.

I consider it less than basic becausenof the lacking features not because of the price. 

Vladtepes already mentioned why. Forward asssist is not a big deal unless and dust cover unless you live in sandy places.

The main thing for me is the UN-threaded barrel. To thread the barrel is going to cost about $150 minimum then the muzzle brake cost blank amount plus to pin it of course. 

The first AR I owned was the M&P sport, I wanted one because it was cheap and I didn't know if I would like it. As an entry value AR it fit perfect. I learned how to take it apart and reassemble it. That gave me confidence.  The second I built out and kept it simple. My next AR build economy permitting will be a 20 incher with deluxe parts. Baby steps work better for some people. They do for me.

been to several trips to the range now and again, me being me decided to change her again. Just ordered a new rainer upper, mp400 barrel, and diamondhead back up sights. Guess can't really call it a sport anymore lol

If you're going with a whole new upper, why not also get the lower and keep the M&P together.. then you have a backup.. a his & hers..   Or you can sell it to fund the build.   Of course, you can always use the stock and new upper on the stock lower until you've got your new lower built.  To me it seems you've crossed the line from 'upgrade' to 'build' at this point.

The first AR I owned was the M&P sport, I wanted one because it was cheap and I didn't know if I would like it. As an entry value AR it fit perfect. I learned how to take it apart and reassemble it. That gave me confidence.  The second I built out and kept it simple. My next AR build economy permitting will be a 20 incher with deluxe parts. Baby steps work better for some people. They do for me.

This describes me as well.  Though I picked up a used M&P 15ORC instead of Sport.  Looking to do my first build soon.

This describes me as well. Though I picked up a used M&P 15ORC instead of Sport. Looking to do my first build soon.

That was a smart move. I like the orc way better. The sport barrel just doesn't do it for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That was a smart move. I like the orc way better. The sport barrel just doesn't do it for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll be honest, it was a move of opportunity, not choice.  Since it was my first AR, I doubt I'd notice the difference in barrels.   They're both threadless.

If you're going with a whole new upper, why not also get the lower and keep the M&P together.. then you have a backup.. a his & hers..   Or you can sell it to fund the build.   Of course, you can always use the stock and new upper on the stock lower until you've got your new lower built.  To me it seems you've crossed the line from 'upgrade' to 'build' at this point.

yep i agree. That's actually a good idea and wish it came a couple of days sooner. I just sold my upper with the barrel :tomato: