bulpup

Hey, are motorcycles allowed in HOV lanes...

as an old motorcyclist...safety and caution are paramount...still want to make it home to wives and children etc.  That being said.  In bumper to bumper traffic, not moving, 90 degrees out and i am still wearing leather, helmet and gloves, i will cautiously move through traffic.  I am not bothering anyone.  It is sometime safer to be moving than have someone even nudge you from behind becasue they werent paying attention.  My intention is not to piss anyone off, i have no sense of entitlement, but sometimes it is prudent to make your way through...i might even wave with a thanks to those that move over a bit.  I am certainly not splitting lanes at 60 MPH on the GSP.  I am easy to recognize...my shirt is tucked in...you cannot see my crack, nor my wifes, i have boots on instead of sneakers and probably sitting somewhat upright..LOL

as an old motorcyclist...safety and caution are paramount...still want to make it home to wives and children etc.  That being said.  In bumper to bumper traffic, not moving, 90 degrees out and i am still wearing leather, helmet and gloves, i will cautiously move through traffic.  I am not bothering anyone.  It is sometime safer to be moving than have someone even nudge you from behind becasue they werent paying attention.  My intention is not to piss anyone off, i have no sense of entitlement, but sometimes it is prudent to make your way through...i might even wave with a thanks to those that move over a bit.  I am certainly not splitting lanes at 60 MPH on the GSP.  I am easy to recognize...my shirt is tucked in...you cannot see my crack, nor my wifes, i have boots on instead of sneakers and probably sitting somewhat upright..LOL

We ride similarly.

THere was one time I was on the belt parkway on Long Island  in circumstances similar to what you describe.  Nothing is moving and I am on an air cooled 1100.  I am getting cooked by my own bike. As I am trying to poke my way through to get to the off ramp and weigh some options 3 schmoe's go wailing by on the white lines, girlfriends asses wide on the backs.  They scared the piss out of me.  Anyway, I meander up a few cars, and I mean I am essentially walking it, and this guy in a Jeep Cherokee just moves over and effectivly traps me.

I'm not an angry person on my bike.  His window is open and he is looking off like "la de dah..."  I say "You think I could get you to move over a bit?  Kinda hot."  He says "nope, tell your little friends when you see them to wait their turn."

I say "I don't know those people."  He give me the "uh huh yea" bitch 'tude. 

Anyway, backed up and rode on by. 

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone....

I can't drive anywhere in this state without seeing people talk/text, drive too fast or too slow, fail to signal, fail to stop at stop signs or red lights before turning right, completely ignore the two yellow lines in the middle of the road and so on and so on. I'm sure nobody here does any of that though. Terrible drivers everywhere in this state driving all kinds of things from motorcyles to "Smart" cars and Prius' and large pickups. Pay full attention to everyone around you and dont trust a single one of them to be a competent driver and you will be better off.

Well said.

What do you mean by crush them? Try to hit them? Do that to anyone I know and it wouldn't be good for you. No threat, just fact. You're supposed to be a cop and expect respect? Rubbish.

Really you think he would try to hit them are you that ignorant. He means give them all the tickets he can legally give them.

Really you think he would try to hit them are you that ignorant. He means give them all the tickets he can legally give them.

Ignorant? Learn the proper use of the word. He wrote 'crush them' instead of ticket them. Who is it that sounds 'ignorant' with their words?

Ignorant? Learn the proper use of the word. He wrote 'crush them' instead of ticket them. Who is it that sounds 'ignorant' with their words?

I watched the Giants vs. Eagles game yesterday.  The Giants got crushed!!  Common knowledge or term used to describe when one side is shown no mercy or loses by a wide margin.  I am certain no one here took that to mean he physically runs over motorcyclists OR..........................he "could" be the serial cop in the marked unit who regularly runs over motorcyclists.  They have been after him for years.  No one has been able to ID the car since the writing on the side is only in 12" lettering.  :)

I watched the Giants vs. Eagles game yesterday.  The Giants got crushed!!  Common knowledge or term used to describe when one side is shown no mercy or loses by a wide margin.  I am certain no one here took that to mean he physically runs over motorcyclists OR..........................he "could" be the serial cop in the marked unit who regularly runs over motorcyclists.  They have been after him for years.  No one has been able to ID the car since the writing on the side is only in 12" lettering.   :)

So if I said 'I'd like to kill that guy', it would be understood that I'm just mad at him right? No harm, no foul?

It doesn't matter since no one I know has ever stopped for a cop when on a bike.

Considering you never edited your post nor did you reply to the previous comments of assuming that you mean hitting them, I take it that's what you meant....in that case...You shouldnt be allowed to drive a squad car, or any car for that fact. Last time I was driving in a car and saw a guy trying to crush a biker against a median him and his buddies made it look like a golf ball...you need to stop having verbal diahrea and realize that your badge means nothing here

Respect the badge

He earned it with his blood

Fear the gun

Your sentence may be death because...

I am the law!

- Anthrax

So if I said 'I'd like to kill that guy', it would be understood that I'm just mad at him right? No harm, no foul?

It doesn't matter since no one I know has ever stopped for a cop when on a bike.

Context is everything.  Re-read his statement vs. him hollering in his patrol car on the video "I'm gonna crush that guy" as he is chasing a motorcycle.  People make "kill" statements all the time.  "I wish the defense would kill that QB".....   Do they really want him dead?  No.  Context is everything.

BTW your second statement plays right into the argument some were making about inconsiderate riders or lawless riders.  So......no one you know has EVER stopped for a cop while riding their mc's?  That is a bold, telling statement.  I wonder how many people you know who ride.  If the number is HIGH then maybe there is some credibility about ignorant, lawless riders.  PS:  I enjoy putting people on MC's who don't stop in County Jail.  2nd degree crime, up to 10 years in prison.  Before you say it....they ALL think they will get away every time.   

I enjoy putting people on MC's who don't stop in County Jail.  2nd degree crime, up to 10 years in prison.  Before you say it....they ALL think they will get away every time

Oh just stop...you do no such thing