jeffesonm

Sandblasting in central NJ?

I'm restoring a John Deere 314 mower deck that is pretty badly rusted.  Before breaking out the angle grinder and spending the next week covered in rust and dust, figured I should see how much it would cost for someone to sandblast the thing.  Anyone know of anywhere in the central NJ area that does this?  Live down near Hopewell and work in New Brunswick.

if you are going to do a tractor you are going to want a large sandblaster which requires a lot of air.. the expense may not be worth it, unless you have a lot of time and patience to use a smaller sand blaster..

I use this blaster ( http://www.harborfreight.com/110-lb-pressurized-abrasive-blaster-69724.html ) to do boat bottoms, i have a gas compressor with 120 gal tank that does not keep up with it you have to take breaks to let the tank build..

it takes a full 8 hour day to do a 25 ft boat botton with sand..that includes prep and clean up..