Respect2A

Idea to compare waits by town for permits

I know we have the thread for wait times when it.comes to Fid cards and permits, but I thought of a good idea.

Everyone should go apply for handgun permits on Sept 2nd. The 1st is a Sunday so no go obviously. Get all the forms ahead of time and have them filled out. We all submit on the same day or as close to possible to the 2nd as they can. Then we see how long the various depts take.

It will help cut thru their BS. You can literally say "what is the problem, all these guys submitted on the same day in these towns and got their permits already"? How come you guys havent gotten mine finished yet. It will prove the hold up is on them, not anything else.

Forum wide permit day anyone?

My DT is not taking any appointments for PP until Sept 3rd. I made an appointment already for the 5th that's the earliest day I can get in.

They (PD or DT) are a making this a lot harder to go for PP in my township, I was told he is only available before 2-3pm and he gets in around 9am Tuesday thru Friday that's if he isn't on the road.

It will help cut thru their BS. You can literally say "what is the problem, all these guys submitted on the same day in these towns and got their permits already"? How come you guys havent gotten mine finished yet. It will prove the hold up is on them, not anything else.

Forum wide permit day anyone?

They dont give a F**C how they are compared to other towns or if its proven that the hold is on them.

Most notorious offender is NJSP.

I'm aware they don't care.

It's a bad idea I guess. Oh well

No, I think it's a great idea. First it's good to gather and RECORD how these stations don't really care about your rights. At some point, if the information is organized well enough, it may be admissible in the courts when different cases come up.

Also, I took a quick look on the NJSP site regarding the forms and started thinking if VOTERS or anyone else had to go through this process there would be an out cry of RACISM! It's absurd the amount of forms, finger printing, home inspections, fees, time, etc in order to exercise a GUARANTEED Right!

Anyway, I think any/all information you can get will help the cause. At least the courts will see (if it reaches SCOTUS) that FID cards take 4 months, handgun permits take 5 months and 99.9999% of CCW applicants are denied their right to defend themselves. It can't hurt...

We already kind of did this several months ago. We got a pretty good idea of the good places (e.g. Sussex) and the bad ones (Essex, any area served by NJSP). No point antagonizing them with a deluge of paperwork. At best it will cause a backlog that will render the results meaningless. At worst they'll catch on and perhaps retaliate in some administrative way. 

All that's going to do is slow them down even more. And in turn piss them off and you will get delayed twice as long.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

How do you figure? We don't all live in the same town. Most of us put in for permits regularly. If 2 or 3 people did it in the same town it wouldn't be any different then normal.

How do you figure? We don't all live in the same town. Most of us put in for permits regularly. If 2 or 3 people did it in the same town it wouldn't be any different then normal.

Hundreds of people put in applications on a daily basis. Putting them all in on the same day would not cause a backup? Like a poster said, once they catch on it will piss them off.

In my town, I know the lady, she told me before the election they would normally get 10-15 applications a week. After the election, Colorado, and Sandy Hook they are getting about 60 a week.

Normally takes me 3-5 weeks for permits. Now it takes me 8-10 weeks. She told me one of the biggest hold ups is the mental health records.

Hundreds of people put in applications on a daily basis. Putting them all in on the same day would not cause a backup? Like a poster said, once they catch on it will piss them off. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

So let me get this straight. You're okay with waiting 4-6 months without explanation and not doing anything about it? You're afraid of "pissing them off"? Why? Kind of like being afraid to "piss off" a bully...it makes no sense. The bully will continue to bully and it will get worse.

So let me get this straight. You're okay with waiting 4-6 months without explanation and not doing anything about it? You're afraid of "pissing them off"? Why? Kind of like being afraid to "piss off" a bully...it makes no sense. The bully will continue to bully and it will get worse.

I never said I was ok to wait. All I'm saying is your way will delay the process even more. Fortunately I live in a town where I get my permits in 30 days. So, go ahead and try and see how far you get and how long it takes. Good luck.

Hundreds of people put in applications on a daily basis. Putting them all in on the same day would not cause a backup? Like a poster said, once they catch on it will piss them off. Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Hundreds of people DO put in applications statewide on a daily basis. No it wouldn't cause a back up because each town would only get a few, some towns wouldnt get any. Do you think the detectives are going to send out all the forms to the state police the day they get them? Of course not, which is part of the problem to begin with. Each detective does it when they feel like it. There would be no bottleneck due to a few excess applications.

I really think it would be interesting to see the order that they came back in. Kinda like a race. If it was documented it could be useful in the future.

Hundreds of people DO put in applications statewide on a daily basis. No it wouldn't cause a back up because each town would only get a few, some towns wouldnt get any. Do you think the detectives are going to send out all the forms to the state police the day they get them? Of course not, which is part of the problem to begin with. Each detective does it when they feel like it. There would be no bottleneck due to a few excess applications.

I really think it would be interesting to see the order that they came back in. Kinda like a race. If it was documented it could be useful in the future.

There are 565 towns/cities/boroughs etc in the State of NJ 8.865 million people if you think only a handful of applications are submitted on a daily basis then I believe your wrong. Not every town has a detective dedicated to pistol permits. People panic when a tragedy happens involving firearms. They race out and panic buy thinking there will be no guns or ammunition left. I just purchased a handgun this past Saturday, and there were plenty in stock, same for ammunition.

There are 565 towns/cities/boroughs etc in the State of NJ 8.865 million people if you think only a handful of applications are submitted on a daily basis then I believe your wrong. Not every town has a detective dedicated to pistol permits. People panic when a tragedy happens involving firearms. They race out and panic buy thinking there will be no guns or ammunition left. I just purchased a handgun this past Saturday, and there were plenty in stock, same for ammunition.

Are you reading and comprehending what I am writing. I believe I said hundreds of applications are probably being submitted state wide every day. Since when is hundreds a handful?

Are you reading and comprehending what I am writing. I believe I said hundreds of applications are probably being submitted state wide every day. Since when is hundreds a handful?[/quote

Whatever, I have no more time for you. Move on and good luck.

Are you reading and comprehending what I am writing. I believe I said hundreds of applications are probably being submitted state wide every day. Since when is hundreds a handful?[/quote

Whatever, I have no more time for you. Move on and good luck.

Your response had zero to do with the topic at hand.