Sign in to follow this  
ryan_j

Guess what, PA is not the only state modifying reciprocity agreements (Ohio)

Am I reading that wrong or was that signed in 2004 and has been in effect since then?

No, you are right and the OP is wrong.

It seems like it was some sort of quirk because neither state treats other states that way. But the AGs only put it on their websites a couple years ago, it sort of went unnoticed.

It's a good heads-up.

The news of the discovery made the rounds on the more carry friendly websites about a year ago or whenever it came up. It's a weird quirk that can be overlooked.

I find handgunlaw.us to be the best about being up to date on this stuff. But, yeah, read the agreement and the cop page before you travel. There is a 90% chance the cop page is wrong, but read it for the bad, not for the good.

I also find handgunlaw.us to be a better resource. Before I travel I print out the relevant laws from the state's websites. Just in case I need to document it for my defense. 

I do the same thing.

And, remember (I forget LOL), one of the guys jammed up at either Newark or JFK spent three months in jail and was exonerated. But his lawsuit for redress failed because the judge said the cop had no reason to take his word that there was a federal law called FOPA and had he shown the cop the law then the suit would have had merit.

Like I said, I forget and might be confusing the details a few of the cases of people being thrown in jail in NJ an NY, but that was the outcome. Cops and judges can throw you in jail for a few months if you don't show the law to them.