njpilot

Wounded Warrior Day at CJ

For anyone interested, Oct 12th is Wounded Warrior Day at CJ.

They do it every year. There is a parade that goes through town and ends up at the range.

They ask members to come and bring firearms to let the the vets shoot. 

I forget, but I think it's open to the general public if guys here wanted to go and donate your time and let some vets shoot your guns.

The club supplies plenty of ammo for Garands and ARs, but do ask if people can donate ammo as well, that it is appreciated.

At the general meeting next month Al is holding the wounded warrior meeting at 7 if you can show up for that and he will tell you all about it. Friday before the day we do a set up of tents and a few other things for an hour or so and then on Saturday we got there around 7 set up the ranges and other things. It starts around 1 I worked pistol range last year basically you RO your guns and load mags with 5 shots each show people what they are doing and let them shoot. Lot of fun and you get some newbies intrested in shooting

At the general meeting next month Al is holding the wounded warrior meeting at 7 if you can show up for that and he will tell you all about it. Friday before the day we do a set up of tents and a few other things for an hour or so and then on Saturday we got there around 7 set up the ranges and other things. It starts around 1 I worked pistol range last year basically you RO your guns and load mags with 5 shots each show people what they are doing and let them shoot. Lot of fun and you get some newbies intrested in shooting

+1

I missed last year do to GF having to go to emergency room.

The year before, it started more like 10 or 11 if I remember correctly. Mikey, I you sure it starts at 1?

2 years ago I brought my Garand and AR and did as Mikey said. Loaded mags and helped people who wanted to shoot them.

Was a good day. I expect to be there this year.

Going to try and make the meeting with Al's brief as well. Hope to meet you guys there.

I missed this entire thread until now.  I am going to try and get off of work that day, and if I can I would be happy to come down and donate time, ammo, and guns.  I am assuming one would bring either rifle's or handguns, not both?  I would think it would be impossible to RO multiple ranges at once.  

Blksheep, if you happen to be RO'ing pistols I would be happy to donate my 1911 for you to oversee since I know you are familiar with it ;)

Anti-gun organization, I'll pass.

There are others that have about the same fraction of end use for donated money. Purposely not going to pick one for you, they are easy to find.

Edit - holy crap, bad, bad, bad, I am wrong and sorry and I will donate to try to cover it.

Anti-gun organization, I'll pass. There are others that have about the same fraction of end use for donated money. Purposely not going to pick one for you, they are easy to find.

We call it wounded warriors but it has nothing to do with the WWP. There is no cost to the vets and the donations made are ammo food guns to shoot and the like. I agrre with you about WWP i would not support them at all this is a great event that gets vets out for a day of fun and alos gets alot of wives and kids introduced to shooting.

Anti-gun organization, I'll pass. There are others that have about the same fraction of end use for donated money. Purposely not going to pick one for you, they are easy to find.

We call it wounded warriors but it has nothing to do with the WWP. There is no cost to the vets and the donations made are ammo food guns to shoot and the like. I agrre with you about WWP i would not support them at all this is a great event that gets vets out for a day of fun and alos gets alot of wives and kids introduced to shooting.

What Mikey said Ed. This has no affiliation with the WWP. This is run by a member of CJ who is a Vietnam Vet. He puts a lot into this event and others.

He told a story of taking two wounded vets, one a double amputee up to Canada for a something like a $4k or $5K per person guided fishing trip. The company took them on a $20K trip for free.

These are the things Al, the guy who runs this, arranges for these wounded guys and gals.

A very worthwhile event.