Sign in to follow this  
kirk2022

PA Non Res CCW???

Has anyone applied for and been issued A Pa Non res CCW by using A Utah Non Res CCW?

After searching it seems there are some friendly Sherriffs over the bridge.    Thought if it was possible to do, it wouldnt be A bad thing to have just in case something should happen with Utah Recip.  I am aware that would be unlikly but you never know with the AG in PA right now

Read this:

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/psp/4451/hide_-_license_to_carry_information/462424

Individuals who are 21 years of age or older and are NOT Pennsylvania residents may apply for a license by submitting a completed Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms to any Pennsylvania County Sheriff’s office along with the required fee. A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury.

Thanks for the reply

Read that during research, But Utah has A similar requirement in all of their righting, but as we know, utah issues to NJ residents.

Just looking for some thoughts before I stop by the Sheriffs office on Wed.    Wont be A wasted trip as I will be in Pa all next week.

Thanks for the reply

Read that during research, But Utah has A similar requirement in all of their righting, but as we know, utah issues to NJ residents.

Just looking for some thoughts before I stop by the Sheriffs office on Wed.   Wont be A wasted trip as I will be in Pa all next week.

NJ doesn't recognize Utah CCW Resident or no Resident.

Utah wont issue a non resident CCW to residents of states that recognize Utah unless they get theirs first.

That s why you have a Utah CCW.

PA s rules are above. They want you to have an NJ permit before you get their non Resident.

By the way i m sure you know they call it LCTF (License to Carry Firearms) there not Concealed Carry Permit or CCW and they throw a big fit if you don't refer it to it as LCTF.

Thanks for the reply

Just looking for some thoughts before I stop by the Sheriffs office on Wed.    Wont be A wasted trip as I will be in Pa all next week.

Save yourself the time - ain't gonna happen.

The friendly sheriff you are probably referring to is Dennis Nau of Center County. About 8 - 10 years ago, he'd issue a non-res LTCF to NJ residents based on them having an FPID - the AG put a stop to that so you're SOL.

Have a nice trip - where are you headed, maybe I can point you to some worthwhile gun stores.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I can't possibly see the reason for this rule other than to screw residents of states with restrictive laws to encourage them to pressure their state's legislature. 

CT at one time also had a similar rule but a NJ resident sued and now they accept a permit from any state before you apply for a CT one. 

Also before the 7th circuit decision, PA would issue to Illinois residents who had a FOID card because Illinois had an outright ban on carry. When NJ invented justifiable need they really did it pretty good. Say they are may issue but in reality no issue, so it woud better withstand a court challenge. Whoever designed this system is a friggin' legal genius.

Since we are talking about this I'm going to put this thought out there for some feed back.

Since NJ issues ccw with restrictions, such as armored truck personal on while on duty, would it be possible to apply for a ccw and request zero rights to carry? If approved, theoretically, you would have a valid NJ ccw. Granted it would be absolutely worthless here but you would be able to get an a non resident ccw from other states.

Would the restrictions imposed here carry forward to the state you are applying for? Also while we are at it if somebody has a restricted NJ ccw have they applied for a non resident permit elsewhere?

Granted it's a million times easier to get your Utah license than deal with NJ but kind of curious about this one. Maybe just to push the issue in this state.

Since NJ issues ccw with restrictions, such as armored truck personal on while on duty, would it be possible to apply for a ccw and request zero rights to carry? If approved, theoretically, you would have a valid NJ ccw. Granted it would be absolutely worthless here but you would be able to get an a non resident ccw from other states.

Strongly doubt that one would be issued under these circumstances. They would say that you are wasting the courts time. NJ has exactly ZERO interest in you being able to obtain non-res carrying rights. I am sure that no one would sign off on this.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob