Duppie

Suicides in the news.

I can never understand why people would off themselves.

I've been through hell and back, but I never even thought of anything like hurting myself or anybody.

My educated guess would be MED's, I am willing to put up all my .22's ammo that 99.9% of these suicidal people are on some kind of drugs or MED's. I blame on it on that.

My dos centavos

I've been through hell and back, but I never even thought of anything like hurting myself or anybody.

Mental illness, especially depression and bi-polarism are very difficult things to deal with. Some people suffering from these illnesses can't deal with it. Very often , yes, the meds don't help, but make things worse.

My educated guess would be MED's, I am willing to put up all my .22's ammo that 99.9% of these suicidal people are on some kind of drugs or MED's. I blame on it on that.

My dos centavos

Too black/white. Human psychology is more complex than that, and it's almost impossible to really put yourself in another's shoes. My ex-sister in law was not on meds and was normal in every perceivable way, but she jumped from a bridge without any warning signs when she suspected that her husband was cheating on her. What a f*cking tradgedy, and it ended up tearing our family apart.

There is one (and only one) instance where I might understand it. And that is for a "terminal illness" where it meets the criteria in states like Oregon and Washington (State) for "termination of life."  If there is nothing left of a viable life except several months of serious "pain and suffering" while still conscious in a hospital bed, no person should have to go through that. I've watched several that did. It was heartbreaking for both patient and family, and such a relief when it was over.  I could understand it in that case.  Otherwise, I'd have to fight on, and encourage my friends/loved ones to do so as well.