tommyfeds

To drill or not to drill

Hey all...I picked up a replacement front sight post made by KNS for my SKS (I also have a rear tech sight incoming as well) I was hoping the front sight was just going to be a "remove/replace" type of job but of course its turned into a project. The rounded top part is too big to fit down through the front sight "hood"....it will go in but will not turn.

So my question is how can I drill out that hole evenly so it doesn't look like crap? The Rifle is Russian with all matching numbers but I don't think its anything rare or collectable. But I don't want to butcher it either.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Tommy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

any Russian SKS thats all matching is collectable. You should get a beater SKS and upgrade that.

Unfortunately your gonna have to butcher it, by putting it in a vice and slowly drill out the top hole. looks like it will only be slight widening

I don't wanna bubba, honest I don't! The post is a simple screw out/in upgrade but I didn't plan on running into this snag.

It would be too much to shave off the sides unfortunately.

I guess I'm just looking for the best way to widen the hole evenly and not butcher it.....just neatly widen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk