I think the Bermuda Army used it. I don't know if it ever left the country, but if they ever did peacekeeping or disaster relief it would have gone with them.

You are correct although its currently being replaced with the H&K G36.  Bermuda was the only country to use it as a standard issue military rifle.

Outside of training the only overseas deployment for the Bermuda Regiment I found was to Barbados in 2007 for the Cricket World Cup.

There were some Mini 14s used during the war in Bosnia back in the 90s.  Not any great number and I suspect they got there through some illicit arms deal.

I've always had one since about 1975.  It is what it is and to me that's an updated M1 carbine in a better caliber.   The LE agency i worked for used them for several years and I found them to be reliable and durable.  

NYPD ESU started carrying SBR Mini 14s in the 70's because it didn't look as "militaristic" as an M16... :rolleyes:

Ruger made a special run of 13.5" bbl semi auto only mini's for ESU, some with folding stocks, and some with conventional stocks. I don't think these configurations ever became a standard Ruger offering.

ESU wanted some more in the late 80's and Ruger told them they would't make any more 13.5" guns. NYPD said no problem, we'll order M4's and Ruger quickly changed their mind and made some more...

After 9/11 they figured they would assign a carbine to each E-Man (ESU Cop), plus they had the creation of the Hercules Units.

They initially bought 400 additional Mini's, and Ruger gave them 100 more.

By then they decided to dump the mini's for a Colt M4 (R0979) with a 1/9" 14.5" bbl.

I hear that there are apparently still some Mini's around for HQ security guys and such, but all of the new ones were put in storage a few years ago.

^^^^^Growing up watching this show is probably the reason I've always loved my ranch rifle. Thank you Hanibul, Murdoch, Face, & B.A. Barakus. I think Knight Ryder may be why I always loved Trans Am's too...:D

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!