usnmars

The Spoils of War

Here is a new pickup that I got for a steal with a ton of cool history.  Its a 1931 Polish Mauser made by Radom.  Good Polish Mausers are hard to find because most were sent to Spain during the Spanish Civil War and the remaining ones were destroyed when Germany invaded Poland.  It shows strong evidence of German usage because it has a German k98 bolt and a German sling, and other than the bolt its 100% matching.  So more than likely this was captured when Germany invaded and used by rear line troops. 

Here she is Polish Mauser

P1000211_zps55256d7f.jpg

P1000212_zps583bb8d6.jpg

P1000213_zps500b6e70.jpg

P1000215_zps5e73b44a.jpg

P1000217_zpscc29fe7d.jpg

It seems like you could charge admission to see all your mil-surp!

definitely could start his own museum. need a tour guide though or at least a plaque at each display explaining all the history that can be deciphered. those pics wouldn't have been as interesting without the description too. 

Very nice Eric, you have the nicest guns. So much history in them. Which is your favorite and why? 

I would have to say my M1c Garand Sniper.  They are RARE and honestly if you told me 5 years ago that I'd own one I would have told you that you should also buy the lucky lottery ticket.  Considering it was used in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam and even later I almost gurantee that it saw its share of use.  If the guns could only talk................