Njbanshee

Denmark garand

What are your thoughts about a garand with a var barrel. I know the var barrels a thought to be more accurate and may demand a little more money when sold seperately. I also know some garand collectors will feel it is taboo to have a farrin barrel on a us military icon. I'd like to know how you guys feel about the rifle and what price range you think they fall in.

Usually a mixer with a var is 800-900. Depending on the rest of the parts and wear! Winnie with New Var and all Winnie parts 1800+ With Winnie stock also 2K. A mixer with a shot-out barrel 550-650.

Depending on wear of barrel and parts, CMP or DCM papers? anywhere from 500-1250.00. What is the asking price? Check for welds, They are a deal killer! Bring someone with you that knows something about an M1 and the value of same.

I bought a Danish Garand (SA) at CMP in Ohio as few years ago.  VAR barrel (gauged 2 at each end) , Danish crown cartouche stock, and a lot of Beretta parts.  The metal shows some wear and the stock as I bought it was good/very good.  I cleaned up the stock to very good condition.  It was a field grade so I only paid $495 at the time.  It is my best shooting Garand. Shoots 2-2 1/2" 2 100 if i do my part with HXP ammo. 

VAR, Beretta, and Brescia made Garands and/or parts and all are quality.  Just as good and in some cases better than US manufacture.  I'm not a serious Grand collector but I see foreign made as another niche in Garand collecting.

I have a 6 million SA coming in will be around 1150.00 But has a NOS barrel that's in the white! Letterkenny build with papers from DCM.

I got a danish barreled mixer from Dave that has since bet refitted with correct period winnie parts except I kept the barrel and the stock.  It's very accurate giving me 2"groups at 100 with surplus ammo.  My best group with it was 1.7".  It's 2s on both end as well.  I'd like to get an original winnie stock but they are hard to find.