Sign in to follow this  
almiz111

Salomons, First Visit

Pretty good experience. The old dude was friendly. They had my powder, primers and more.

So I whip out the VISA and he says 'cash or checks, there is a MAC in town'. So I leave to get cash, return and all is well.

He seems to have stock all over the place. At one point he just leaves the building and comes back with five lbs. of powder for a customer.

Very low overhead. I like it!

Yes. They have a phone....

And if my experience several years ago was typical, phone callers can add hours to the time it takes to get a purchase made in the store sometimes.  Seems like every time they were almost ready to take my cash (to put in the coffee can with all their giant wad o cash) someone would call up, ask something, and the guy would be gone 15 minutes finding something...

Gene generally takes the phone off the hook while he is open. I've never actually seen him answer it. I guess it's possible though.

I was right in the middle of the first panic, so he might have been taking calls out of pity that day.  Actually, there were a lot of guys working that day, and Gene wasn't the one answering the phone.

Here is what I have for their hours, don't know if has changed.

Wed & Fri 6:30 PM - 9PM
Sun 1PM - 4PM

That is still the hours. 

If anyone really wants to call and find out if something is there you need to do it at just about 9pm on wed.  If he has what you want have him set it aside for you and go get it Friday.  Gene is a good guy like that.  He has held stuff for me before.

Ken

Do they have a Lee classic turret press, any idea how much if they do? Thinking of getting started.

The only reloading equipment in stock there is dies, lubes, tumbler media, and a few odds and ends.  Gene can try to order you almost anything you might want though.  Best thing to do is stop in and inquire.

Ken