Sign in to follow this  
BlueLineFish

New to me PARA Tac 5

Well since my jobs dictates certain rules for off duty I wanted to find a 1911 to fit the criteria. I found a used PARA tac-5 double stack 9mm. Was at training today and shot it for the first time. This thing is accurate as hell. Little to no recoil with even 147 gr hp ammo. Cycled hp ammo with no issues. LDA trigger takes a little getting used to but it's nice. Think I found my new carry gun. Needs some break in and work before its able to be carried off duty.

Much lighter than the beretta. Want to have a smith maybe do something with the trigger to improve it

If you get a trigger job done then get it done by someone who knows the lda trigger well. It is nothing like the traditional 1911 trigger under the hood. There are alot of unique parts to the lda trigger that most gunsmiths will not be familiar with. If they tell you it's just like a 1911 trigger then they are either lying or they do not know what they are doing.

Todd Jarrett, the pro uspsa shooter, used to do an excellent trigger job on the lda. I don't know if he offers this service to the public though.

Yeah...I need someone who knows the LDA trigger well. Probably going to have to send it off somewhere. Doing my research now. I am fine with the trigger as is but if somebody could make it even better it would be amazing. This thing is a tack driver. I was shooting it after my duty glock and it's amazing what a good trigger can do.