Purple Patrick

**UPDATE**12/16 UTAH CCW Class Berkeley Heights NJ

UPDATE: alright so i talked to charlie today, there is enough people that the class will definitely happen no matter what. he can accommodate up to 30 people so anyone that is iffy on coming or wants to bring a friend or 2 that is fine. if you can let me know how many people you are bringing than i can pull chairs for everyone.

HE WILL ACCEPT ALL FORMS OF PAYMENT WHEN YOU GET TO THE CLASS

we will be serving pizza and soda so dont worry about eatting

alright so we have a definite date and time for this. please let me know if you are attending and ill follow up with a pm, ill message the people who ive already been speaking with   the class will take place Monday the 16th of December at 6:00pm at our family business HAlls garden center and florist located at 700 springfield avenue Berkeley heights nj. the class is $200 which includes the permit application fee. heres the link for the class we will be getting if you didn't already know with this permit you can carry in Pa.   http://gunforhire.com/classes/utah-ccw/   refreshments may be served if its okay with Charlie the instructor

So how does this permit work? If I'm going to be in PA, I can stowe my gun as if I were headed to the range and then once I cross the boarder I can load a magazine, snap it in and conceal the weapon on my person with something like an iwb holster or something??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how does this permit work? If I'm going to be in PA, I can stowe my gun as if I were headed to the range and then once I cross the boarder I can load a magazine, snap it in and conceal the weapon on my person with something like an iwb holster or something??

Yes But you can have the mags loaded just not in the gun. Cross the boarder/pull over/strap on your burner, gat, piece, whatever you want to call it :) also you can open carry with no permit in pa

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

I think I can already open carry there ...any of us can right? I'm just afraid to try and get hassled. But I might go for this if I can legally ccw in PA. So I will have to carry the mags like in my pocket or something? Can't have them in the gun?

I think I can already open carry there ...any of us can right? I'm just afraid to try and get hassled. But I might go for this if I can legally ccw in PA. So I will have to carry the mags like in my pocket or something? Can't have them in the gun?

Yes anyone can open carry in pa with no permit but then your stick with everyone looking at the gun on your hip. I'm not sure what you mean by the 2nd part. You have to follow nj rules until you cross the boarder which means you can have your gun locked up with your mags or your mags pretty much anywhere as they are not a firearm. They just can't be in the gun untill you cross the border.

If you have the Utah carry permit yea you can conceal carry in pa. Locked and loaded is fine. Just make sure you follow all of NJs laws till you are over the river.

No link to prepay, so you don't get no shows, or are you not concerned with that cause they are coming to you with no min body requirement?

not all that concerned, they are fine without prepaying and if gfh is then so am i. if they dont show up its their loss. hey john i dont have a facebook anymore and you mentioned something about other people being interested, if you run into anyone give them my cell number or screenname

That's pretty damn awesome. If PA didn't have so many damn flyers and eagles fans I MIGHT consider moving there!!! LOL

yes its amazing how a river can divide such different states. hey norseman i dont mean to pick on you but this info might help. bullets(cartridges) dont go in the barrel, when you load your gun and "cock it" you will have a round in the chamber which is essentially the barrel but there isnt any rifling yet. guns are carried in 3 conditions, 1 is "cocked and locked" with a round chambred, hammer back, and the safety on. condition 2 is a round chambered with the hammer down safety on. 3 is loaded gun but without one in the chamber.

Just be aware that if you open carry in PA and you don't have a CCW, from any state, you can't have it on your hip in a car. Without a CCW, you must transport the same as in NJ.

yes its amazing how a river can divide such different states. hey norseman i dont mean to pick on you but this info might help. bullets(cartridges) dont go in the barrel, when you load your gun and "cock it" you will have a round in the chamber which is essentially the barrel but there isnt any rifling yet. guns are carried in 3 conditions, 1 is "cocked and locked" with a round chambred, hammer back, and the safety on. condition 2 is a round chambered with the hammer down safety on. 3 is loaded gun but without one in the chamber.

I'm here to learn and share things I learn. Who knows how many of us you just taught something so I appreciate the corrections ...thanks!

If I have a semi auto how would I carry "condition 2"?

It depend on the gun. The conditions mostly apply to 1911's but apply to most pistols with a hammer. Condition 2 would be loading the gun racking the slide and then somehow lowering the hammer(usually done by a decocker)

Yeah something with a hammer (especially with a decocker) makes sense to me. I was picturing my semi auto and trying to think how it could be done

what kind of gun is it? as responsible gun owners we have to set a good example for everyone else, I would not carry until you are very competent with the firearm you wish to carry. personally I just turned 21 and am waiting on permits to pick up the revolver ive alreadt purchased. I will not carry until I have taken a defensive shooting class with it as I have limited handgun experience and would hate to be in the headlines.

what kind of gun is it? as responsible gun owners we have to set a good example for everyone else, I would not carry until you are very competent with the firearm you wish to carry. personally I just turned 21 and am waiting on permits to pick up the revolver ive alreadt purchased. I will not carry until I have taken a defensive shooting class with it as I have limited handgun experience and would hate to be in the headlines.

It's an XD. And I agree and personally I wouldn't carry any other way than condition 3 ...unless I was in a situation where the SHTF was eminent and I was getting ready. I was just curious because I'm messing with my gun and a snap cap and there doesn't appear to be any way I could have a cartridge in the chamber and have the firing pin "decocked." So I was just curious.

It's an XD. And I agree and personally I wouldn't carry any other way than condition 3 ...unless I was in a situation where the SHTF was eminent and I was getting ready. I was just curious because I'm messing with my gun and a snap cap and there doesn't appear to be any way I could have a cartridge in the chamber and have the firing pin "decocked." So I was just curious.

you cant. xd's and other striker fired pistols(glock,m&p,xd,many  others) do not have a hammer. the striker is always under tension and is very safe to carry with a loaded chamber, bad guys wont wait for you to rack your slide. im assuming there is no manual safety on your particular model but you should have a trigger safety so you will only have 2 conditions. 1 being chamber loaded so you pull the trigger and bang or 2 which will be loaded gun but none in the chamber which will require you to cycle the slide. there should be alittle detent behind the ejector port that is the loaded chamber indicator and if its up you have a loaded chamber. snap caps will mimic this

you cant. xd's and other striker fired pistols(glock,m&p,xd,many others) do not have a hammer. the striker is always under tension and is very safe to carry with a loaded chamber, bad guys wont wait for you to rack your slide. im assuming there is no manual safety on your particular model but you should have a trigger safety so you will only have 2 conditions. 1 being chamber loaded so you pull the trigger and bang or 2 which will be loaded gun but none in the chamber which will require you to cycle the slide. there should be alittle detent behind the ejector port that is the loaded chamber indicator and if its up you have a loaded chamber. snap caps will mimic this

Yes that is exactly what I've found. But I personally would still likely carry condition 3 (unless circumstances called for condition 1). But that's just me.